This Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush is the best Middle Eastern-inspired dip made from roasted eggplants. Make this restaurant-quality recipe at home with only a few simple ingredients!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you know me at all you’ll know that I’m obsessed with appetizers. I’d eat appetizers and finger food for every meal of the day if I could – there’s just something about dips and spreads, and super flavourful little bites that’s just so appetizing, don’t you think? This Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush is one of my absolutely favourite dips to make, and I’m excited to be sharing it with you today!
What is Baba Ganoush?
Baba Ganoush (also spelled Baba Ghanoush) is a Middle Eastern-style dip that’s made from roasted eggplants, garlic, lemon and spices. It’s made in the same way hummus is made – blended until smooth – and it’s served similarly too, as a dip for pitas or veggies, as a spread, and even as a condiment alongside a meal. It’s often served at Middle Eastern restaurants as an appetizer and alongside dishes like Shawarma or Doner Kebab (one of our family’s favourites!).
How do you make Baba Ganoush?
Baba Ganoush is made by blending a whole roasted eggplant (remove the skin before blending), fresh or roasted garlic, lemon, tahini, olive oil and spices. Using a high-powered blender or food processor is the best way to achieve the light and smooth texture that makes Baba Ganoush so delicious. My favourite blender is THIS ONE from Blendtec and it works fantastically for recipes like this Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush. I also love THIS FOOD PROCESSOR for this recipe, and all my favourite homemade hummus recipes.
Want to learn how to make hummus? Try this Red Lentil Curry Hummus or this Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite appetizer or dip? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes ? Check out these!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES WITH EASY COOKING TIPS?
GET MY HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES E-COOKBOOK!
Easy Homemade Baba Ganoush
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- some smoked paprika and fresh hopped parsley for garnish, if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise and rub the 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt onto the eggplant flesh.
- Roast flesh side up for about 20-25 minutes, or until the eggplant flesh starts to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Let the roasted eggplant cool on the pan until room temperature.
- Scoop the room-temperature roasted eggplant flesh out of the skin (discard the skin) and into your blender.
- Add the minced garlic, tahini, lemon juice, chili powder and paprika and blend on medium speed until combined.
- Turn the speed to high and pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until the mixture is ultra smooth (about a minute).
- Scoop the mixture out of the blender and into a bowl. Top with a small sprinkling of smoked paprika and fresh chopped parsley for garnish (if desired). Serve with pitas or pita chips for dipping.