These Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips are the perfect easy-to-make snack with a healthy crunch! They’re easy to make with basic ingredients and they’re a great healthy snack for on the go!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
*I originally posted this recipe in March 2016. I’m re-sharing today with updated photos, a video tutorial, and the same no-fail Kale Chips recipe you know and love!
If there’s one food I might not be able to live without, it is potato chips. And movie theatre popcorn wins a close second place… What can I say? Savoury snacks are my weakness and I’ll always choose a salty treat over a something sweet. But when it comes to healthy eating goals, potato chips and butter-soaked popcorn aren’t exactly the best choices for a snack, am I right?
While I do believe in moderation when it comes to healthy eating, and enjoying treats every now and then is never off the table, I love trying new healthy snack recipes to enjoy so when I came across the Oh She Glows tutorial for Flawless Kale Chips I knew I had to try it. I had made Kale Chips in the past but the results were hardly edible. This time, they turned out perfectly crispy and crunchy! They’ve quickly become my new favourite healthy snack!
Looking for more healthy snacks? Try these Homemade Apple Chips or this Homemade Sweet and Salty Kettle-Cooked Popcorn!
How to make crunchy Kale Chips
The trick to these Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips is to massage only the tiniest bit of olive oil into every crack and crevice of each kale leaf, season them lightly with salt and a little bit of garlic powder, and bake them to perfection low and slow.
The only downside to this recipe is that you have to let the kale chips cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before enjoying them, to make sure they stay crunchy and crispy. That is, if you can wait that long to dig in!
Like this recipe? Try these Super Healthy Mini Muffins or this Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Need more healthy snack ideas? Make up a Berry Banana Oat Smoothie, or these Healthy Toddler Friendly Mini Muffins.
I hope you enjoy this Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite no-guilt salty snack?
Like this recipe? You’ll love my Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites or this Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus!
Looking for more healthy snacks? Check out my Top 6 Healthy Kid-Friendly Snacks!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
No Fail Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips
Enjoy crispy kale chips every time with these No Fail Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips
- 1 medium-sized bunch of kale washed and dried very well
- 2 tsp olive oil
- a pinch or two of salt
- a pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry one bunch of kale, making sure the leaves are completely dry. If there's any moisture left on the leaves you'll end up with soggy kale chips.
- Rip the leaves off the stems and away from the chewy veins of the kale and into chip-sized pieces.
Arrange the pieces of kale on an unlined baking sheet.
Drizzle the olive oil as evenly over the kale as possible. Using your hands, gently massage the oil into the kale leaves, making sure to massage the oil well into all the folds and onto the entire surface of each of the kale leaves. At first it may not seem that 2 teaspoons of oil will be enough but adding more oil will only add too much moisture. If you find you need a tiny bit more oil, add it one drop at a time.
- Once you've finished massaging the kale, sprinkle a pinch or two of sea salt and a pinch of garlic powder over the kale and add the pan to your preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan, flipping any pieces that are starting to look crispy and bake for another 10-15 minutes, watching the pan closely for the last 7-8 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave the kale chips on the pan for 3-5 minutes before serving to they can crisp up even more!