Low Carb Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
These Low Carb Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect healthy Keto or Low Carb meal idea! Packed with juicy beef, sweet and savoury flavours and veggies! Only 4 grams of carbs per serving!
Servings 12 lettuce wraps
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup julienne-style carrots or use shredded carrots, if desired
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Stevia brown sugar (I like the Truvia brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (optional, or add more if desired)
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12 medium green lettuce leaves or use butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce, if you prefer
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil.
Once the skillet is hot, add the ground beef and brown it until it's almost cooked through.
Add the carrots and cook just until they're slightly soft, while the ground beef finishes cooking through.
Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar substitute (or stevia), and sriracha and stir well to combine (a sauce will form as you stir).
Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl with a whisk or a fork until the cornstarch has dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir well as the sauce thickens.
Remove the pan from the heat and serve the beef mixture in its sauce in lettuce wraps (or over rice for a high-carb meal) with some sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
This recipe makes 18 small lettuce wraps or 12 large ones.
To use this recipe for meal prep: Prepare the beef filling up to 3 days ahead and store it in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to serve. Reheat before serving.
Serving: 1lettuce wrap | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2856IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg