Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
This Easy Classic Macaroni Salad is the perfect summer pasta salad made with macaroni, roasted red peppers and a creamy, tangy dressing!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound macaroni noodles approx 500 grams
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper very finely diced, or substitute jarred pimentos
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise use full fat or low fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard use regular mustard, if desired
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice OR use white wine vinegar instead
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic very finely minced, or substitute 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Cook the pasta according to the package directions just until the al dente stage. Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water to cool.
To a large bowl add the cooked pasta, the diced pepper, the celery, the red onion and pickles.
In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper, dill, paprika and garlic until very well blended.
Pour the dressing over the pasta and mix well to combine until everything is well coated in the dressing.
Cover the macaroni salad with some plastic wrap or a lid and place in the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight.
Serve alongside your favourite grilled meats, burgers, or enjoy it on its own.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 141IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg