Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
This Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing is a healthy, easy to make Thai inspired side dish made from simple, wholesome ingredients!
Servings 8 servings
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey or other vegan honey substitute
- 2 cloves minced or pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- a pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil coconut oil also works
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- a dash sriracha
- 1 small green cabbage shredded
- 1/2 small red cabbage shredded
- 3 large carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Add the peanut butter, honey, garlic, ginger, sea salt, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, oils, and sriracha to a medium bowl and whisk well until combined.
Add the shredded green and red cabbage to a large bowl, along with the shredded carrots.
Pour the dressing over the shredded veggies and toss well to coat.
Serve with the chopped green onions and chopped peanuts on top for garnish.
This salad is best enjoyed the day it's made, but the dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Using coleslaw mix from your grocery store also works well for this recipe as another way to save time!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5025IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg