Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
This healthy summer Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette is made with fresh spinach, berries and walnuts and an easy-to-make maple dressing!
For the salad:
- 6 cups fresh spinach , washed and dried
- 1/3 cup red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries , washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , washed, dried and sliced
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts , chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or any other vegan substitute
- a pinch of sea salt
Add the spinach to a large bowl and top with the sliced red onion, blackberries, sliced strawberries, and walnuts.
Make the dressing by adding the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt to a mason jar. Make sure the lid is on tightly and shake well to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
Serve immediately, or prepare in advance and refrigerate the salad and the dressing separately and toss right before serving!
Calories: 743kcal | Carbohydrates: 88g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 1879mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 59g | Vitamin A: 17187IU | Vitamin C: 169mg | Calcium: 359mg | Iron: 8mg