Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup
This Slow Cooker Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is the easiest carrot soup that's warm, hearty, and packed with spicy ginger and creamy coconut. It's healthy, made with only a few simple ingredients, and it's so easy to make in the Crock Pot or slow cooker!!
Servings 8 servings
- 20 small carrots, roughly chopped 10-15 large carrots
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- a few pinches of salt and pepper
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream or half and half, if you wish)
- chopped parsley and sour cream or coconut cream for garnish
Add the roughly chopped carrots, diced onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and stock to your slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
Blend with an immersion blender until smooth and add the coconut milk while blending to create a silky smooth texture.
Serve with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream or coconut cream for garnish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 282mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 25477IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg