Slow Cooker Carrot Soup
This Slow Cooker Carrot Soup is a simple healthy soup made with fresh carrots and ginger. Easy to prep in 15 minutes!
Servings 8 servings
- 20 small carrots, roughly chopped 10-15 large carrots (about 8 cups of chopped carrots)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- a few pinches of salt and pepper
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream or half and half, if you wish)
- chopped parsley and sour cream or coconut cream for garnish
Add the roughly chopped carrots, diced onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and stock to your slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
Blend with an immersion blender until smooth and add the coconut milk while blending to create a silky smooth texture.
Serve with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream or coconut cream for garnish.
Store this soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze this soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 282mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 25477IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg