Easy Mushroom Risotto
This Easy Mushroom Risotto is a quick and simple way to make restaurant-style risotto at home in minutes and in only one pan! Skip the fancy restaurant and enjoy it at home as a vegetarian main dish or side dish!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoon butter or other vegan butter substitute
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (dried thyme also works)
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup arborio rice (also called risotto rice)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white mushrooms
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- fresh parsley or thyme and Parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
Once the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
Add the lemon juice, thyme and salt and pepper.
Add the wine and stir as the wine reduces (cook for about 5 minutes until the wine reduces).
Turn the heat to medium-low and add the rice. Toss the rice in the onion mixture until it's coated and move it around the pan for about 1 minute.
Stir in the mushrooms.
Add the hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock) about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until the stock is absorbed by the rice until you add another 1/2 cup.
Repeat the process above until all the stock has been added and absorbed by the rice and a creamy sauce has formed, stirring constantly throughout.
Serve immediately with shaved Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped thyme or parsley.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 994mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 675IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 2mg