Pomegranate Granola Parfaits
Pomegranate Granola Parfaits are a healthy fruit and Greek yogurt parfait, with homemade granola and fresh pomegranate arils. This layered granola parfaits recipe makes an easy, healthy and quick breakfast for busy mornings.
Servings 4 parfaits
For the granola:
- 2 tsp canola oil or other oil of your choice
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the parfaits:
- 2 pomegranates arils removed
- 3 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt 3/4 cups for each of the 4 parfaits
For the Granola:
Add the canola oil to a large heated skillet over medium heat. Add the oats and toss them in the oil until the oil is absorbed.
Let the oats toast (you may want to turn the heat down to medium-low), tossing them frequently to be sure they don't burn.
Once the colour of the oats has deepened slightly (about 5 minutes) and you're able to smell them toasting, turn the heat to low and add the cinnamon, honey and vanilla, stirring constantly.
Continue to cook the granola over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, making sure you're stirring constantly.
Scoop the granola out of the pan and onto a sheet of parchment paper on the counter, spreading it out to cool.
Let the granola cool completely before assembling the parfaits (I usually make the granola the night before and assemble the parfaits in the morning). Once the granola has cooled completely it will be shiny and crunchy.
To Assemble the Granola Parfaits:
When it comes time to assemble the parfaits, remove the seeds from one large or two small pomegranates.
Layer some fat-free Greek Yogurt, granola and then pomegranate seeds into each of four (1.5 cup) mason jars (4 bowls or 4 large glasses works fine too!), and repeat the layers so you end up with six layers in each jar!
Serve, and enjoy!
- The granola parfaits are quick and easy enough to assemble in the morning, but making the homemade granola takes about 15 minutes. To save time, you may want to do that the night before.
- The parfaits will store well in the fridge for a few days. The granola doesn't quite retain all its crunchiness, but it's certainly still a tasty breakfast for busy mornings!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 2mg