Black Bean Salsa with Corn and Avocado
This flavorful and fresh black bean salsa makes a delicious dip with chips, or use it to top your favourite Mexican recipes.
- 1 cup corn fresh cooked or frozen
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 large tomato finely diced
- 1/3 cup cooked black beans
- 1 avocado chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- a pinch or two of sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro more or less, to taste
Add the corn, onion, tomato, black beans, and avocado to a large bowl. Toss lightly to combine.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over the ingredients; add salt and cilantro and toss again until well combined.
Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Note: The salsa is best served immediately, The lime juice will help to delay the avocado from turning brown, but it will not prevent it from doing so.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 287IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg