Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
This Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is a delicious winter salad recipe that's packed with healthy greens, fruit, nuts, sweet onions, sharp blue cheese and buttery goat cheese, all topped with a sweet balsamic salad dressing!
Servings 4 servings
For the salad:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 golden delicious apple thinly sliced
- 1 honeycrisp apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
Add the spinach, apple slices, onion slices, and walnuts to a large bowl.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, and top with the goat cheese and blue cheese.
Because apples brown when exposed to the air, it's a good idea to enjoy this salad within 30 minutes of preparation.
The remainder of the salad ingredients can be assembled ahead of time, and the dressing can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 4478IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 2mg