No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake (Vegan and Dairy Free)
This No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is the ultimate vegan and dairy-free chocolate dessert that's so smooth and creamy, made with a secret ingredient!
- 32 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos are vegan, but there are many other brands that are vegan, dairy-free, and even gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine (or other vegan butter)
- 600 grams silken tofu, drained (approximately 20-21 oz)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 400 grams dark chocolate, melted (approximately 14 oz)
- fruit, powdered sugar, or vegan whipped cream for serving
Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies in your blender and add the melted margarine, pulsing to combine completely.
Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper (for easy removal of the cheesecake later on!)
Chill the crust to set while you make the filling.
To a clean blender add the silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler over low heat, or melt it in the microwave at 50% power for 30-second increments until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Let the chocolate cool slightly before adding it to the blender with the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth texture.
Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if necessary.
Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
Place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before transferring to a plate to slice and serve.
Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, or your favourite vegan whipped cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 9mg