This No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is vegan and dairy-free! It’s made with a secret ingredient that makes this cheesecake silky smooth, extra creamy and perfect for anytime you need a decadent dessert without the guilt!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, do I ever have an AMAZING recipe for you today!! I have been counting the days until I’ve been able to hit the publish button on this post and it is finally today! This No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is the chocolate dessert of your dreams. It’s light, it’s oh so smooth, it’s totally decadent and best of all it’s made with mainly healthy ingredients making it VEGAN and DAIRY-FREE! Can you believe it?
No bake cheesecakes are absolutely a go-to dessert of mine, especially around the holiday season, and given my busy lifestyle as a work-at-home-mom of two, they’re kind of my default when I need an impressive dessert with not a lot of effort behind it. I’ve shared lots and lots of no bake cheesecakes with you before, like this No Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake, or this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake, and even this Easy No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, but I’m telling you – this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake trumps them all. Seriously.
All you need for this recipe is a blender – here’s a link to my favourite one (affiliate link) – and a 9-inch spring form pan. That’s it! It’s as simple as making the 2-ingredient crust, chilling it while you make the filling, and then dumping the filling ingredients in the blender, blending until smooth, and then chilling everything for a few hours to set. Honestly, it’s more work to drive to the bakery and buy an already-made cheesecake than it is to make this one yourself at home!!
Now for all you skeptics and purists out there who can’t fathom a cheesecake without cheese, let me put your minds at ease. I was completely skeptical too. A lovely friend of mine passed this recipe on to me after she hosted our family for a dinner party recently. My husband follows a dairy-free diet, so because my friend is as sweet as can be she made a variation of this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake for us for dessert because it was something we could all enjoy (my friend adapted this recipe from Baking Equals Love). Normally I’m a skeptic too, but her dessert was so beautiful I just couldn’t help but try a piece. After one bite I was completely sold. This may be, hands down, the best dessert I’ve ever, ever tasted. Period.
Looking for even more delicious no-bake cheesecakes? Try my No Bake Snickers Cheesecake or this delicious No Bake Nutella Cheesecake!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite cheesecake flavour?
Looking for even more deliciously decadent desserts? Before you grab the recipe for this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake below, check out these beauties!!
This Easy No Bake Nutella Cheesecake is the BEST cheesecake for Nutella lovers!! And it’s SO easy to make!!
My video for this Easy No Bake Snickers Cheesecake has reached over 4 million people on Facebook and it gets rave reviews!!
This No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is perfect for mint chocolate-lovers!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake (Vegan and Dairy Free)
- 32 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos are vegan, but there are many other brands that are vegan, dairy-free, and even gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine (or other vegan butter)
- 600 grams silken tofu, drained (approximately 20-21 oz)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 400 grams dark chocolate, melted (approximately 14 oz)
- fruit, powdered sugar, or vegan whipped cream for serving
- Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies in your blender and add the melted margarine, pulsing to combine completely.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper (for easy removal of the cheesecake later on!)
- Chill the crust to set while you make the filling.
- To a clean blender add the silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler over low heat, or melt it in the microwave at 50% power for 30-second increments until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly before adding it to the blender with the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth texture.
- Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before transferring to a plate to slice and serve.
- Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, or your favourite vegan whipped cream.