This Classic No Bake Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious and it’s made with only 3 ingredients!! It’s the perfect easy dessert that you don’t have to bake! Serve it with fresh berries for an easy summer treat or add whatever toppings you like and enjoy it any time of the year!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
*I originally shared this post in June 2016. I’m re-sharing it today with updated photos and a video tutorial. Enjoy!
Summer is officially here! Well, actually it’s here unofficially since it’s only the beginning of June but if this warm weather is any indication, it is definitely that time of year again! My husband and I attended a friend’s outdoor wedding this weekend and the weather was absolutely gorgeous – bright and sunny and almost too hot to bear sitting outside for the wedding ceremony. We had an absolute blast dancing the night away with our friends and acting like we’re in our twenties (we’re not), and the kids had a blast having a sleepover at grandma and grandpa’s house. I can’t decide what I enjoyed more, all the fun we had at the wedding or getting to sleep in until almost 9 in the morning on Sunday!
If you’re a parent of little ones you’ll probably understand how truly amazing a simple sleep-in can be. We’re currently transitioning our newly minted 2-year-old to a toddler bed and it’s been a comedy of errors at every turn (seriously, she has actually tried climbing out the window to get out of going to bed. Thankfully she was unsuccessful.). She’s one of the sweetest, funniest, most playful girls you’ll ever meet and she has absolutely no use for bedtime, so our evenings have turned into quite an adventure trying to get her to stay in her bed and our early mornings are the same. Needless to say, our lazy Sunday morning sans kids this weekend was quite a treat!! Even if it meant waking up with still-aching feet and stiff knees from all that dancing…we’re SO not in our twenties anymore!
And speaking of treats, I just have to share one of my favourite treats with you today – this Classic No Bake Cheesecake! I’ve been making different versions of this no bake cheesecake for about 8 years and it’s a recipe I always pull out as soon as the weather gets hot and I’m looking for frozen desserts. I make this every time we host a summer barbecue and it always gets rave reviews! It’s such an easy dessert with the perfect creamy cheesecake-style texture and it can be served with whatever toppings you like! We usually opt for fresh fruit and maybe some chocolate sauce, but any fruit compote, caramel sauce, nuts, shaved chocolate, or flavoured whipped cream works too! I just know you’re going to love this recipe as much as we do!!
Looking for more recipes perfect for a summer barbecue? Try my Easy Grilled Chicken Souvlaki and this Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette!
This Classic No Bake Cheesecake filling is made from only 3 ingredients, yet the texture is so velvety and smooth and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! It’s oh-so-creamy and it pairs perfectly with all kinds of toppings…caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, any kind of fruit, etc. The possibilities are endless! It’s such a versatile dessert!
Like this recipe? You will LOVE these Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles or these Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Cups!
And if you’re short on time, purchasing a pre-made graham cracker crust in a pie plate works great too! Just skip the make-your-own crust part of this recipe and follow the directions for making the cheesecake filling. This is always a great time-saver and a way to make this Classic No Bake Cheesecake recipe even easier than it already is!
I hope you enjoy this Classic No Bake Cheesecake Recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite cheesecake flavour? I’d love to know!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY NO BAKE DESSERTS? YOU’LL LOVE THESE:
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Classic No Bake Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 c. crushed Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces reduced fat cream cheese feel free to use full fat if you wish!, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring-form pan and pack it down as well as possible. Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge to set.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer) mix the cream cheese on high speed until it's very creamy and smooth. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed and then high speed until the sugar is all incorporated.
- Add the vanilla (if desired) and mix to combine.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese and sugar mixture with a rubber spatula just until it's combined. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and smooth out the top as much as possible.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let the cheesecake sit in the freezer for 2-4 hours and then in the fridge overnight. I always find that chilling overnight is best since it help the cheesecake become very firm and helps it slice nicely.
- Alternatively, chill in the fridge overnight and then place in the freezer for 2 hours before serving. This will yield the same result.
- Once the cheesecake has spent enough time in the freezer, let it sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before slicing into it. Serve with fresh berries or whatever you wish!