These Best Ever Double Chocolate Muffins are moist and chocolatey, and they make the perfect after school snack! Easy to make in only one bowl!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been around here for any length of time you’ll know I’m a big fan of muffins! I love baking them for so many reasons, but mainly because they’re easy to make, often in only one bowl, and they’re tender and moist and full of flavour. These Best Ever Double Chocolate Muffins are perfectly moist and fluffy on the inside, with the most delicious crispy chocolatey exterior. They’re always a HUGE it, and I know you’ll love them too!
Because I love baking muffins so much I’ve created a No Fail Muffin Baking Course with all my favourite tips and tricks and muffin-baking secrets to get your homemade muffins into tip top shape!
I’ll share a few of these tips later on in this post below but if you want in on this FREE email series, SIGN UP NOW.
These Best Ever Double Chocolate Muffins are truly the perfect classic sweet muffin. They’re simple to make in only one bowl and they’re the perfect muffin for after-school snacks!!
Looking for even MORE muffin recipes? Try my most popular recipe ever, these Best Ever Banana Muffins!
How to make the perfect Double Chocolate Muffins
- Don’t over-mix the batter! This is my BEST TIP for the perfect fluffy muffins every single time! If you’re left with muffins that are closer in texture to hockey pucks, it’s almost certainly because you mixed the batter too vigorously and for too long. Be gentle with the batter once you add the dry ingredients and stir only until the flour just barely disappears. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula and mix by hand to avoid over-mixing. Making muffins with a stand mixer or a hand mixer almost ALWAYS ensures you’ll over-mix, so making them by hand is the way to go!!
- Bake quickly! The leavening agent in muffins is usually baking powder (sometimes with baking soda), which acts quickly as soon as the liquid and dry ingredients come together. To get fluffy muffins with the nice dome shape on top, get them in the oven as fast as you can after mixing.
- Let them cool! No one likes a gummy muffin that’s underdone on the inside. Let the muffins cool until they’re almost room temperature before digging in, since they continue baking on the inside even after they’ve been removed from the oven.
- Use good quality chocolate chips! Good quality chocolate chips or chunks always taste better in muffins like these!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this delicious muffin recipe as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite muffin recipe? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious muffin recipes? Try these!
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
- Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
- Raspberry Lemonade Muffins
- Lemon Pistachio Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins
- Best Ever Banana Muffins
Best Ever Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt, along with the chocolate chips, reserving a few chocolate chips for topping the muffins (optional).
- Into a large liquid measuring cup or bowl, add the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil. Whisk together with a fork.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix everything together just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and top with the remaining chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one of the muffins comes out clean.