These Best Ever Banana Muffins are exactly that – the best banana muffins you’ll ever make! I’ve made these muffins hundreds of times because they’re easy to make, they call for simple ingredients, and they turn out perfectly every single time: crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Trust me, this will quickly become your favourite banana muffin recipe!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
*Looking for THIS recipe? Don’t worry! The recipe for these Best Ever Banana Muffins hasn’t changed a bit since the first day I posted it in April 2015! I’ve simply updated the photos today to re-share this amazing recipe with my readers. Enjoy!
I have such fond memories of these muffins from when I was a child. My mom has a recipe book called Muffin Mania (it was published in 1982, which explains the name) dedicated solely to muffins and the page with this recipe on it is stained and weathered and almost illegible. My copy of the recipe is in similar condition. That should tell you just how good these banana muffins are!!
We have 4 banana lovers in our house and we go through at least 3 bunches a week…sometimes 4, so there are weeks when I actually have to hide bananas from my husband and kids in order to let them ripen enough to make muffins with. But it is so so worth it!
These Best Ever Banana Muffins are easy enough to make with your kids (trust me, I make these with my 2 year old and 4 year old at least once per week) and they come together quickly and simply and the end product is absolutely fantastic!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Feel free to add chocolate chips to these Best Ever Banana Muffins, if you want, but they’re so good on their own they don’t even need chocolate. You could also add nuts or dried fruit if you like, but when it comes to these muffins I’m a purist…I love them just the way they are!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for the Best Ever Banana Muffins!! They won’t disappoint!! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite muffin recipe? I’d love to know!
If you love baking as much as I do, you’ll love these recipes too!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Best Ever Banana Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil vegetable oil is best
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until no large pieces remain.
- Add the sugar, egg and oil and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is incorporated.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a separate mixing bowl and stir them together with a fork. Once they’re mixed together, dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, carefully mix the wet and the dry ingredients together. The danger here is over-mixing which will result in dense, flat and dry muffins. The best technique for mixing is to scoop underneath the mixture and pull up gently instead of stirring around in a circle (like you’d stir your coffee, for example). Continue mixing this way just until the dry ingredients have been incorporated. It’s fine if there are a few small streaks of flour in the batter; it’s the large pockets of flour you want to make sure are incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into 12 lined muffin cups. Try your best to ensure you fill the cups evenly. This will ensure each of the muffins is finished baking at the same time (you don’t want some over-baked and some raw in the middle!)
- Bake the muffins in the oven at 350 degrees for about 23 minutes (anywhere from 22-25 minutes, depending on your oven), or until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool in the tins for about 5 minutes and then turn them out of the tins to let them cool completely on a cooling rack. Or, enjoy one warm from the oven slathered in butter.