These Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins are the perfect healthier snack packed with fruit and veggies!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Monday friends! I’ve told you before how much I love making muffins and I’m so excited to be sharing these Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins with you today! They’re one of our family’s favourite muffin recipes – they’re packed with apples, carrots and spicy ginger!
My favourite way to make these muffins is with buttermilk, but because my husband follows a dairy-free diet I often make this recipe with oat milk or soy milk instead – just be sure to add a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice with the dairy-free milk (buttermilk contains acid which helps the muffins rise. Without it, you’ll need to add some more acid!).
Looking for even MORE muffin recipes? Try my most popular recipe ever, these Best Ever Banana Muffins!
Here are my tips for the perfect muffins every single time:
- Don’t overmix! – Over-mixing leads to tough muffins that don’t rise. Mix only until the flour disappears!
- Use paper liners! – Paper liners really help your muffins not to stick and keep their shape when they’re stored.
- Use an ice cream scoop for evenly-sized muffins! – scooping out the batter with an ice cream scoop ensures all your muffins are the same size and prevents over-filling the muffin cups! An ice cream scoop is my FAVOURITE kitchen tool when it comes to making muffins, especially if you want a perfectly uniform batch of muffins with the perfect domed tops! Here’s a link to my favourite ice cream scoop for this job (affiliate link).
- Test with a toothpick! – Test the doneness in the same way you do when baking a cake. If a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean, they’re done!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what other delicious muffin recipes would you like to see on thebusybaker.ca? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious muffin recipes? Here are all my favourites!
Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins
These Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins are the perfect healthier snack packed with fruit and veggies! And they're so easy to make in only one bowl!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 medium apples, cored and shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Add the brown sugar, grated carrots, grated apples, buttermilk, oil, and eggs to a large bowl and whisk together to combine.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to the bowl and combine with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until the flour disappears.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling them each about 2/3 full.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 17-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Make these muffins dairy free by substituting the buttermilk for 1 cup of dairy-free milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar.