These Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls make the perfect healthy weeknight meal that’s on the table in about 15 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time you will already know all about my love affair with easy weeknight meals. If you’re a new subscriber, welcome to thebusybaker.ca! You can expect to find all kinds of delicious recipes here, including many easy meal recipes with a healthy twist. I’m a busy work-at-home mom of two and a missionary wife, and our family life is packed with all kinds of fun and exciting events which leaves me with very little time most days to get a healthy dinner on the table for my husband and kids.
The 2 Secret Ingredients for Surviving Busy Weeknights
One of my absolute favourite ways to throw together a healthy meal is any kind of RICE BOWL recipe. The 2 BEST ingredients to keep on hand in your kitchen for busy weeknights is RICE and any kind of GROUND MEAT (chicken, pork, beef or turkey). These Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls are literally ready to go in 15 minutes! Simply throw the rice in a rice cooker and while it cooks, brown your beef, add your veggies, and throw in the sauce ingredients – all in one pan! Top the cooked rice with the beef and veggie mixture and you’ve got a delicious and healthy dinner the whole family is going to love!
Our favourite veggie to add to these Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls is carrots, cut julienne style. What’s the easiest and fastest way to do this?? With this FABULOUS julienne peeler (affiliate link)! It’s such an inexpensive kitchen tool that saves me SO much time – it’s one of my favourites!
If you’re not a fan of carrots or you don’t have any on hand, try any of these delicious veggies in their place:
thinly sliced bell peppers
thinly sliced mushrooms
thinly sliced celery
- frozen carrots, beans, or broccoli
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s YOUR favourite easy weeknight meal? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more recipes like this one? You’ll love these!
Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- 4 cups cooked rice (about 1 1/3 cups uncooked), or use minute or instant rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- a dash of sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne style (these can be purchased pre-cut in the produce section of your grocery store)
- chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes (optional) for serving
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat at add the sesame oil.
- Add the ground beef to the hot skillet and brown until almost cooked through (about 6-10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and sriracha to the skillet and stir well until a small amount of sauce forms.
- Add the carrots and cook for about 2 more minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
- Serve the beef mixture over rice and garnish with chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a small sprinkling of red pepper flakes (garnishes optional).
*This recipe was inspired by Taste of Home.