These Pineapple Chicken Rice Bowls make the perfect healthy easy weeknight meal! Made with crispy chicken, fresh veggies, pineapple and a sweet Asian-inspired sauce, they’re on the table in 25 minutes or less!
LOVE that pineapple bowl?? Get one just like it HERE!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Guys, I don’t know what it is lately but I am SO into stir fries. It must be the new year and trying to make some small changes to our family’s diet, but I just can’t get enough of them. And really, what’s not to love?? Fresh veggies, lean meats, easy and delicious homemade sauces over rice or noodles – stir fries are easy (seriously, I threw one together in 15 minutes the other day!), delicious, and usually pretty healthy. These Pineapple Chicken Rice Bowls are all those things and more and I couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe with you today!!
And what’s even better than the “easy” factor for me with stir fries…? My kids LOVE them!! I posted a picture of these Pineapple Chicken Rice Bowls on Instagram last week and shared in the caption that my kids ate THREE helpings of this delicious stir fry. Three. If that’s not good advertising I don’t know what is.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
LOVE that cute pineapple bowl?? Get one just like it HERE!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy these Pineapple Chicken Rice Bowls as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite rice bowl or stir-fry combination?? I’d love to know!!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more delicious easy weeknight meals with a healthy twist? Find some more recipes here:
- Easy One Pan Shrimp Fried Rice
- Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- Easy Baked Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Easy One Pan Chicken with Turmeric Rice
- One Pan Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice
- Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken
- Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 medium chicken thighs, all visible fat removed and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 567 gram can pineapple chunks, plus the juice in the can
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- Add the cornstarch and chicken pieces to a medium bowl and toss well until the chicken is coated in the cornstarch.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the olive oil has heated, add the chicken pieces and salt and pepper, and brown on all sides until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice from the can in a medium bowl.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch to the bowl with the pineapple juice and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the same pan you used for the chicken and cook just until slightly softened. Add the pineapple juice mixture and stir just until thickened (this should only take one minute or so).
- Add the pineapple chunks and chicken. Stir to coat, and serve over rice.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.