This Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry is the perfect easy and healthy weeknight meal that can be made vegetarian, vegan and dairy-free! Skip the Indian Restaurant and make this delicious Indian Daal Curry recipe at home in minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but restaurant take-out just doesn’t have the same charm as it used to. I don’t know if it’s the exorbitant cost or the fact that by the time you get it home it’s barely warm and all soggy from being in those styrofoam containers, but I’d much rather replace take-out on a busy weeknight with a good, solid, homemade weeknight meal like this Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry!
I’ve got to be honest – this is our family’s FAVOURITE weeknight meal. I’m serious…my kids actually beg me to make this Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry with rice and our favourite homemade Naan bread all the time and this has become the one meal where they practically lick their plates when dinner is done. And as a busy work-at-home mom, what could be better than that!!??
This Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and rivals any Indian restaurant curry I’ve ever tried. It’s so delicious and flavourful, and it’s made with super basic ingredients that are easy to find at your local supermarket. It’s vegetarian, can easily be made vegan, and it’s dairy-free too! If you love Indian food even a little bit, this Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry will become a healthy staple in your family’s meal plan for sure!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this easy curry recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy weeknight meal? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more weeknight meal ideas? You’ll LOVE these:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy meal! You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Easy One Pan Lentil Daal Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespooon mild red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 5 cups vegetable stock (use chicken stock if you prefer)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 large handfulls fresh baby spinach
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- extra coconut cream for garnish, if desired
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant and soft.
- Add the curry paste, turmeric, tomato paste, and salt and pepper, and stir to combine, allowing the mixture to toast slightly over the heat for about one minute.
- Add the carrots, red bell pepper, and lentils and stir to coat in the spice mixture.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and stir well, covering the pan and allowing the mixture to come to a boil.
- Cook the lentil mixture for about 20-25 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the bottom from burning, until the lentils are puffy and soft and begin to lose their shape.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the coconut milk and spinach, stirring just until combined.
- Cover and allow the spinach to wilt for a few minutes in the hot curry.
- Serve over steamed rice with fresh Naan bread, your favourite crusty white bread for dipping, or bakery fresh pita bread as an easy alternative to homemade Naan.