*This Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta post is sponsored by Barilla Canada Inc. I’ve received compensation but, as always, all opinions are my own.
This Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta is going to become your family’s new favourite weeknight meal! It’s made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, and it’s so creamy and delicious!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I’m so excited to be bringing you this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta recipe today, in partnership with Barilla Canada! As I’ve shared with you before, Barilla Pasta is by far our family’s favourite pasta brand and I love partnering with them to bring you delicious recipes like this one featuring their pasta that our family loves so much.
If you’ve been a reader of mine for a while now you’ll definitely know all about my love for the easy weeknight meal. As my blog name suggests I lead a busy life with young kids at home, a husband with a crazy work schedule, and I also work from home to bring you all kinds of delicious recipes every week here on the blog and on my Facebook page (CLICK HERE to follow me on Facebook!).
Since I’m a food blogger and a foodie at heart I do love a good comfort food meal cooked low and slow with lots and lots of love. But let’s be honest – most days… ain’t nobody got time for that. Most of my readers would probably find it hilarious that I actually stand at the stove at 5:30pm a few nights of the week scratching my head, trying to answer that infamous “what’s for dinner?” question. Apparently having a food blog packed with hundreds of recipes hasn’t solved the dinner dilemma for our family just yet (insert face-palm emoji here!).
How to Make Dinner in Only One Pot!
Just because the box says you should cook pasta in water separately from the rest of your dinner ingredients doesn’t mean you have to! Cooking the pasta IN a homemade sauce, like in this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta, not only saves TIME, it also saves DISHES and adds TONS of flavour!!
I simply LOVE one-pot pasta recipes like this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta: only 8 basic ingredients stand between you and this delicious family meal, and it’s TOTALLY adaptable to your family’s tastes and whatever ingredients you happen to have on hand that day. We love including tomatoes and green peppers in this dish, but it would also be delicious with some frozen corn and canned black beans thrown in, which can even serve as a substitute for the chicken if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.
And when a delicious one-pot pasta recipe comes to the weeknight dinner rescue, not just any brand of pasta will do. Barilla Pasta is perfect for one-pot pasta meals because of its versatility, its delicious flavour and texture, and because it cooks perfectly to al dente in a one-pot sauce every single time with no starchy, sticky or glue-ey residue. It’s the pasta I reach for over any other brand simply because the quality is so high. And it’s not surprising – Barilla Pasta is known around the world for its quality!
When I struggle with the dinner dilemma and I reach for a box of Barilla pasta, I know that it’s just the beginning of a healthy family meal that I can make my way; wholesome pasta paired with fresh vegetables, lean meats and a simple homemade sauce. The possibilities are endless for delicious family meals that I can feel good about, knowing my family is getting the nutrition they need while I save time in the kitchen, which is exactly why this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal recipe! And what better way to celebrate World Pasta Day on Wednesday, October 25th than with this delicious Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta!?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this delicious Creamy One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta recipe as much as our family does! Don’t forget to visit barilla.ca for even more delicious pasta recipes! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite one-pot pasta recipe?
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for MORE delicious and easy pasta recipes? Check out some more of our favourites below!
- Quick and Easy Seafood Linguine Marinara
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Ragu
- Best Ever Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- One Pot Kung Pao Chicken Pasta
- Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- Easy 20-Minute Tomato Asparagus Carbonara Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Champagne Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this great weeknight meal. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)
- 250 grams Barilla Fusilli pasta (about half a pound)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half cream
- chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green pepper, cooked chicken, shredded cheese, Barilla Fusilli pasta, enchilada sauce, chicken broth and cream.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Remove the lid, reduce the heat slightly and continue to cook, stirring every few minutes until the sauce is absorbed and the pasta is cooked to al-dente (about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with some chopped cilantro (if desired) and serve.