This Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is the perfect simple meaty all-in-one meal that’s packed with classic flavours and on the table in 30 minutes or less!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Easy weeknight meals are always in season and this Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is one of our family’s favourite meals any time of the year! With summer upon us, I’m looking for quick, nutritious, hearty meals to fill up hungry tummies after long days of playing outside and this one pot pasta recipe hits the spot!
One of my favourite things about one pot pasta recipes like this Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is that you don’t have to turn on the oven. Here in Europe air conditioning isn’t something typically found in homes, especially out of the major cities, and so keeping the house as cool as possible on a hot summer day is really important!
How to Make Italian Sausage One Pot Pasta
- Brown the meat. Start by choosing your favourite Italian sausage – use a spicy variety if you want an extra kick or choose a mild one if you’re feeding young kids.
- Saute the veggies. The veggies are the flavour builders of this dish and the red pepper and red onion add a ton of sweetness!
- Add the pasta and liquid. The pasta cooks right in the pan so toss it in along with the tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Cover and cook. Let the stovetop do the work!
- Serve! Toss in some fresh spinach and top with some freshly grated Parmesan for even more added flavour!
Looking for even more easy meals? Try my One Pan Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, or these delicious Slow Cooker White Bean and Lentil Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this easy one pot meal as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy meal? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Other weeknight meal ideas
Looking for other easy weeknight meal recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Stuffed Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts with White Wine Mushroom Sauce
Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound Italian Sausage casings removed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 pound Rigatoni pasta
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (I use the low sodium variety)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- freshly shaved parmesan for serving, optional
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat and add the Italian sausage, breaking it up as it browns.
- Once the sausage has browned remove it to a plate lined with paper towel and add the diced onions and bell pepper.
- Saute the onion and bell pepper just until soft. Remove them to the plate with the sausage.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pan and use the liquid to scrape all the caramelized bits off the bottom of the pan left from the sausage and the veggies.
- Add the pasta and the chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the pan and cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring a few times, until the pasta has absorbed the liquid and is cooked to al dente.
- Once the pasta has cooked through, add the sausage and veggies back into the pan along with the spinach. Toss well so the spinach wilts and the sausage and veggies are distributed throughout.
- Give the pasta a taste and add salt and pepper, only if necessary.
- Top with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese and serve!