This One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is a family favourite weeknight meal! Simple pasta cooked in a beefy tomato sauce, kid-friendly, easy and delicious!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but in our house spaghetti is on the menu at least a couple times every month. It’s the classic comfort food that everyone loves, and this One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is a recipe I make over and over and over again!
I can pretty much make this One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce without even thinking – it’s a one-pot wonder recipe with only one pot to wash at the end of the night, it’s super simple and easy to customize to your family’s tastes, it’s got some hidden veggies in the sauce that add great flavour and texture, and it calls for basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, fridge or freezer.
Whenever I make this recipe my kids beg for seconds – it’s one of their favourite weeknight dinners. Trust me, your family’s going to LOVE this one as much as ours does!
Ingredients for One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- olive oil
- lean ground beef
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- tomato paste
- red wine
- tomato sauce
- beef stock (or use vegetable stock)
- spaghetti noodles
How to Make One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Brown the meat. Cook your ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Saute the veggies and spices. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and spices and saute until soft.
- Add the wine. Scrape up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pot with some red wine and tomato paste.
- Add the pasta and liquid. The pasta cooks right in the pot with the sauce so toss it in along with the tomato sauce and stock.
- Cover and cook. Let the stovetop do the work!
- Serve! Toss, add some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this easy one pot meal as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy meal? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Other weeknight meal ideas
Looking for other easy weeknight meal recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Stuffed Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts with White Wine Mushroom Sauce
One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- 1 large pot with lid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef stock (or use vegetable stock, if desired)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and cook until almost browned.
- Add the diced onion, garlic, carrots and celery, along with the dried spices, salt and pepper. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the red wine and tomato paste to deglaze the pot (scrape up the brown bits off the bottom of the pot).
- Add the spaghetti noodles (break them in half to fit, if necessary) and the tomato sauce and stock.
- Stir well until all the noodles are covered, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 8-10 minutes stirring at least once as the noodles cook.
- Once most of the liquid has been absorbed, toss well and serve with some grated parmesan.