This One Pan Pasta with Beans is the perfect vegetarian easy weeknight meal made with basic pantry ingredients – plant-based and on the table in 25 minutes or less!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Summer is quickly coming to a close (cue the sad music), and I’ve already got easy weeknight meals on the brain. We’ve got some big changes on the horizon for our family this fall with a new school schedule, which means a new work schedule for this mama – and you all KNOW I’m going to be reaching for all the under-30-minute meals I can get my hands on after our busy days, like this easy vegetarian One Pot Pasta with Beans! One pot pasta dishes are truly the easiest dinners to make – just throw everything in one pan or pot, cover and let the pasta cook in its own sauce. I love making one pot pastas with fresh herbs, leafy greens like kale and spinach, fresh veggies, protein, cheese, and basically anything else I’ve got on hand.
I’ve already shared SO many of my favourite one-pot pasta recipes with you, like this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta, this One Pot Pasta Primavera, this One Pot Tex Mex Mac and Cheese, and this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta. This One Pot Pasta with Beans is a new family favourite that I’m excited to share with you today!
How to Make One Pot Pasta with Beans
- Saute the aromatics. The onion, garlic and spices are the flavour builders in this dish!
- Add the beans, pasta and liquid. The pasta cooks right in the pan so toss it in along with the tomatoes and stock or broth.
- Cover and cook. Let the stovetop do the work!
- Serve! Toss in some fresh kale and basil leaves and top with some freshly grated Parmesan for even more added flavour!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy weeknight meal? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Other weeknight meal ideas
Looking for other easy weeknight meal recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Stuffed Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts with White Wine Mushroom Sauce
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
One Pan Pasta with Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional, or use more or less to control the spiciness)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes One 15-ounce can
- a few pinches each, salt and pepper
- 30 ounces white beans Two 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed (Cannellini beans or Great Northern beans work well)
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
- 6 cups vegetable stock (I use the low sodium variety)
- 1 handful chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (or use 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, added with the chili flakes)
- freshly shaved parmesan for serving, optional
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, then the onion, garlic, and chili flakes once the oil is hot.
- Saute the onions in the pan until they're soft and just barely translucent.
- Add the salt and pepper, tomato paste and canned tomatoes to the pan and use the liquid to scrape all the caramelized bits off the bottom of the pan left from the onions and garlic.
- Add the beans, pasta and the stock and stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the pan and cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring a few times, until the pasta has absorbed the liquid and is cooked to al dente.
- Once the pasta has cooked through, add the kale and basil (if using dried basil instead of fresh, add it at the beginning with the chili flakes). Toss well so the greens wilt a little bit.
- Give the pasta a taste and add a little more salt and pepper, only if necessary.
- Top with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese and serve!