This Easy Mushroom Risotto is a quick and simple way to make restaurant-style risotto at home in minutes and in only one pan! Skip the fancy restaurant and enjoy it at home as a vegetarian main dish or side dish!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, I’m so excited to be sharing one of my favourite recipe EVER with you today: this Easy Mushroom Risotto! I absolutely LOVE risotto and even though we don’t eat out in restaurants that often, I’ve always jumped at the chance to order risotto because it’s just so delicious and creamy and no recipe I made at home seemed to come close to restaurant-quality. Until now.
This Easy Mushroom Risotto is so unbelievably delicious that you’re going to be skipping the fancy restaurant scene in favour of making your own risotto at home. It’s so easy, it’s so simple, and with a few basic ingredients you can create a restaurant quality dish that no one will believe you made yourself at home with just a few ingredients.
Here are my homemade risotto MUST DOs for the perfect creamy texture and delicious flavour every single time:
- Constant stirring – it’s just that simple. Stand at the stove and gently stir for the 15-20 minutes it takes to achieve creamy perfection and you won’t be sorry you did.
- Use HOT chicken or vegetable stock – adding cold or even room temperature stock to hot risotto in the pan reduces the temperature of the mixture and slows down cooking, preventing the risotto rice from releasing its starches.
- Don’t forget the wine – adding a splash (or three) of white wine makes ALL the difference. Trust me!
- Herbs and spices – my go-to risotto herb is some fresh or dried thyme. It creates a sophisticated flavour that goes with just about anything!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this Easy Mushroom Risotto recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite fancy restaurant dish to make at home? I’d love to know!
Looking for even more easy meal ideas? Check out these delicious recipes!
- Easy Coconut Lime Rice
- Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls
- Easy Baked Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- Easy One Pan Chicken with Turmeric Rice
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this delicious side dish. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Easy Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tablespoon butter or other vegan butter substitute
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (dried thyme also works)
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup arborio rice (also called risotto rice)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white mushrooms
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- fresh parsley or thyme and Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the lemon juice, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and stir as the wine reduces (cook for about 5 minutes until the wine reduces).
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the rice. Toss the rice in the onion mixture until it's coated and move it around the pan for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Add the hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock) about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until the stock is absorbed by the rice until you add another 1/2 cup.
- Repeat the process above until all the stock has been added and absorbed by the rice and a creamy sauce has formed, stirring constantly throughout.
- Serve immediately with shaved Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped thyme or parsley.