This Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing recipe is one for the books! It’s packed with delicious herbs and makes the perfect addition to any garden salad! And it’s SO easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I love making homemade salad dressing. There’s really no comparison between dressings you can buy from the store and ones you make at home the old fashioned way – shaken in a mason jar or blended in the blender. This Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing is a recipe for the books! It’s got all the classic Italian dressing flavours and it goes perfectly with any garden salad. Add a sprinkling of fresh Parmesan and you’ll be in salad heaven!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
The only sugar in this recipe is 2 teaspoons of honey for flavour (and you can always leave that out if you wish), so you can rest assured it’s a healthier choice than most grocery store bottled salad dressings!!
Mason jars are a great kitchen tool to have on hand for recipes like this Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing. They’re airtight, so you don’t have to worry about spills, they’re dishwasher safe and easy to clean, and they’re great for more than just salad dressings – I use them for smoothies, homemade jams, soups, and other food storage. Get my favourite go-to Mason jars HERE (affiliate link). And if you’re looking for other delicious salad dressing recipes to make in your mason jars, check out this Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing or this Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing Recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite kind of salad? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? You’ll love these!!
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy vinaigrette. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural, high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few tablespoons of water (ONLY IF NEEDED to thin the dressing out a little bit)
- Add all ingredients to a large mason jar and shake very well until combined. Store in the fridge for a few hours before serving, or serve immediately over your favourite garden salad.
- Shake well before serving.
- If the dressing is too thick, simply add water one teaspoon at a time to thin it out to the desired consistency.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.