This Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad is a healthy and low fat alternative to traditional Caesar salad! It’s ultra creamy and delicious and it’s so easy to make with basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
When I discovered the idea of making Caesar salad dressing with Greek yogurt I knew it would be a game-changer. Homemade Caesar Salad is always a recipe worth mastering, in my opinion. It’s a favourite of many and it’s truly a classic dish – I’m pretty sure I don’t know anyone who DOESN’T love it. The thing is, homemade Caesar salad dressing is almost always better than the stuff you can buy in a bottle at the grocery store but traditional recipes are SO unhealthy, often containing copious amounts of oil and raw eggs.
The restaurant-quality Caesar Salad Dressing recipe my mom passed down to me contains over ten times the amount of fat my Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad recipe contains and this dressing is just as tasty as the original! And it doesn’t contain raw eggs or anchovies, just common, everyday ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen. I love this recipe, and it’s become one of those staple recipes in our family that I make almost weekly.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Orange Vinaigrette or this delicious Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette!
And if you’re feeling extra adventurous you can make your own croutons (like I did here) by pan-frying some cubes of day-old bread in a little olive oil, garlic powder and salt until they’re crispy. Check out this recipe for a full tutorial. Homemade croutons are so much tastier than the ones from the grocery store (not to mention healthier)!
I often make this dressing by throwing all the ingredients in a mason jar and shaking it up, but using a blender also works very well if you want an ultra smooth Caesar salad dressing. It’s up to you!
This Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad recipe makes a large salad that’s perfect for a dinner party, but the dressing also stays fresh in the tightly closed jar in the fridge for several days for you to enjoy all by yourself! We even use the dressing as a dip for veggies sometimes, which is another delicious way to enjoy it!
Do you love Greek yogurt as much as I do? Try these Pomegranate Greek Yogurt Parfaits or this delicious Scrambled Eggs Benedict with Greek Yogurt Hollandaise Sauce!
The dressing on this Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad tastes so good, I’ll never buy Caesar dressing again! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it out in your own kitchen!
Looking for even more delicious salads? Try a few of my readers’ favourites linked below!
This Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing is a big favourite in our house! And my readers love it too!
Try this Quick and Easy Greek Salad that’s on the table in 5 minutes or less!!
My readers rave about the Maple Vinaigrette Dressing on this Berry Walnut Salad!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
For the salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese very finely grated
- 2 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- a generous pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce
- 3 slices of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Croutons optional
To make the salad dressing:
- Find a medium-sized mason jar with a lid and add the Greek yogurt, Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Zest the skin of about a quarter of a lemon (washed, of course) using a microplane zester and add it to the jar. Adding citrus zest to a recipe intensifies the citrus flavour much more than simply adding citrus juice, so be careful not to add too much zest! 3/4 tsp is lots.
- Press 3 cloves of garlic using a garlic press and add that to the jar as well.
- Screw the lid on nice and tight and shake it up very well.
To assemble the salad:
- Wash and dry a large head of Romaine lettuce and rip it into salad-sized pieces. Toss the lettuce with the dressing until it's well coated. Add the crumbled bacon, the croutons and the grated Parmesan cheese on top, and serve!
Make the dressing a day or two ahead of time for an extra burst of flavour. Store it in a tightly closed jar in the refrigerator.
For best results, add the dressing to the salad right before serving.
For an extra smooth Caesar dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.