*This Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad post is sponsored by Barilla Canada Inc. I’ve received compensation but, as always, all opinions are my own. This Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing is our favorite family friendly summer meal! Packed with over 7 fresh vegetables, made with deliciously versatile Barilla Pasta and a super easy to make creamy Italian herb dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Thursday friends! I’m so excited to be bringing you this amazing Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe today, in partnership with Barilla Canada. It’s our family’s newest favorite recipe that features more than 7 different vegetables, a super easy creamy Italian-style vinaigrette dressing, and Penne Rigate pasta from Barilla, our family’s favorite pasta!
Pasta is a staple food in our family’s meal plan. We eat it at least once a week (sometimes more!) and because we enjoy it so much we’re pretty picky with our choice of pasta and its level of quality. We’ve been long time fans of Barilla Pasta for so many reasons: its versatility, its flavor and texture, and because it cooks perfectly to al dente every single time with no starchy or glue-ey residue. Its quality simply can’t be matched by any other brand and so it’s the pasta we keep coming back to time after time. And don’t just take my word for it – Barilla Pasta is known around the world for its quality and we’ve had the pleasure of enjoying it both in Canada and overseas!
Aside from its superior quality, I love Barilla Pasta for its versatility. If you’ve been a reader of mine for any length of time you’ll know I’m a busy mom of two young kids with an equally busy husband, so I need quick and easy meal solutions. But as a family we also value making healthy food choices, and pasta helps me, the family chef, achieve both of these goals at the same time. When I reach for a box of Barilla Pasta I know that I’m able to make a wholesome, healthy meal for my family, my way – combining our favorite pasta with other healthy ingredients my family loves, which is exactly what I’ve done today in this Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad.
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
This Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad is packed with more than 7 fresh seasonal vegetables, which means it’s an incredibly healthy side dish or meal all on its own and makes it easy for you and your family to #eattherainbow for better health! And if you’re looking for a way to add more protein, slice some hard boiled eggs on top or serve with some sliced grilled chicken and you’ve got a protein-packed family meal! One of my favorite ways to build a meal is to start with a box of Barilla pasta, adding veggies and protein to create a well-balanced meal, which is exactly what this Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad is all about!
One of my favorite things about this Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe is that I can customize it to my family’s tastes. My youngest is partial to carrots so I’m always sure to add lots of those, and my oldest is crazy for cucumbers so they’re always a must in this pasta salad. My favorite vegetable is broccoli, so I always add lots of that and my husband is pretty easy to please when it comes to vegetables – he loves them all! The simple homemade Creamy Italian Vinaigrette Dressing on this Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad compliments any vegetable, so feel free to get creative and add your family’s favorite veggies for a family meal you’ll all love, with lots of color!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe and don’t forget to visit barilla.ca for even more delicious pasta recipes! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favorite way to make Barilla pasta into a meal your family loves?
Kitchen products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious pasta recipes? You’ll LOVE these!!
- Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
- Easy Classic Pasta Salad
- Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this healthy dish. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
For the Creamy Italian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or your favourite mayo substitute)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste)
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 long english cucumber (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 large carrots (chopped)
- 300 grams Barilla Penne Rigate Pasta (cooked to al dente according to package directions)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley (or cilantro, if you wish)
For the dressing:
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, honey, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and salt and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk well until combined. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Add the broccoli, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, and carrots to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the Barilla Penne Rigate pasta until al dente (follow the package directions for best results!).
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water just until the pasta has cooled.
- Add the pasta to the bowl with the vegetables and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Toss everything together until well combined and the vegetables and pasta are well coated in the dressing.
- Sprinkle the green onions and parsley over the top of the salad and enjoy immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.