*This Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad recipe is sponsored by Barilla Canada Inc. I’ve received compensation but, as always, all opinions are my own.
This Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad is the perfect quick and easy meal idea packed with savoury olives, artichokes, arugula, tomatoes, roasted peppers, mozzarella and parmesan!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s no better summer meal or side dish than a delicious pasta salad, and this Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad is my newest favourite recipe I’ve developed in partnership with Barilla Canada! It’s the perfect quick and easy meal idea for those warm summer days and it’s also a great side dish for picnics or barbecues, packed with savoury olives, artichokes, arugula, tomatoes, roasted peppers, mozzarella, parmesan, and of course Barilla’s new ultra-convenient Ready Pasta!
I’ve been partnering with Barilla Canada here on The Busy Baker for almost 4 years because Barilla is my go-to, first choice pasta brand that I reach for at least once a week to feed my hungry family. Its quality is superior to any other brand at the grocery store and it performs well in hot pasta dishes with homemade sauces , in soups, and in all my favourite pasta salad recipes!
And because I’m a busy work-at-home-mom, I love Barilla’s Ready Pasta variety when I’m in a rush to get dinner on the table (which, to be honest, is most days!!). I’ll never say no to saving time in the kitchen, especially when it means I don’t have to compromise on quality and flavour. Just 60 seconds in the microwave yields al dente pasta perfection and all the Barilla flavour we love.
Our family loves to enjoy pasta together with other fresh, nutrient-dense ingredients (like veggies!) and Barilla’s new Ready Pasta pairs perfectly with all the deliciously savoury ingredients in this Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad!
This Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad is great to enjoy on its own as a filling lunch or dinner, and it makes a great addition to any summer barbecue or picnic as a delicious side dish!
Looking to personalize your pasta salad? Here are my favourite pasta salad tips to make it YOUR way:
1.) Use a high-quality pasta – there’s nothing worse than sticky or overly starchy pasta when you’re trying to pull off a fresh and delicious pasta salad. Barilla gets my vote for the pasta brand that holds up best in pasta salads!
2.) Add some colour – veggies are my choice ingredient for adding colour to pasta salads, but additions like olives, jarred roasted peppers, fresh herbs, or even fruit is a great way to add colour.
3.) Add your favourite protein – whether it’s grilled chicken, ham, bacon, boiled eggs, seafood, nuts or even cheese, adding protein will go a long way to make your pasta salad eat like a meal, while also adding delicious flavour and texture!
4.) Make your own dressing – Making the dressing yourself is a great way to customize the flavour! Just add equal parts fat (oil, mayonnaise, etc.) and acid (vinegar, lemon juice), fresh herbs, a touch of honey or maple syrup (if you want), sea salt, and whisk to combine!
For more tips on how to build your favourite pasta dish with Barilla Canada, check out their recipe
And don’t forget to visit Barilla.ca for even more delicious pasta recipes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this delicious Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite Italian-style meal? I’d love to know!
Kitchen products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 241 gram packages of Barilla Ready Penne Pasta (OR one 500g box of regular Barilla Penne Pasta)
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices prosciutto chopped
- 6-8 slices pepperoni chopped
- ¼ cup green olives pitted
- ¼ cup black or kalamata olives pitted
- ¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 4-6 pickled banana peppers optional
- 4-6 marinated artichoke hearts halved (optional)
- ¼ cup mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 tablespoons fresh shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons djon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar substitute one tablespoon vinegar for 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing first by whisking together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Prepare the Barilla Ready Pasta according to the package directions. OR prepare regular Barilla Penne pasta according to the package directions until al dente, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and stir to cool until just above room temperature.
- Add the arugula, tomatoes, prosciutto, pepperoni, olives, roasted peppers, banana peppers, artichokes, and mozzarella to the bowl with the pasta.
- Drizzle the dressing over everything and toss well to coat.
- Add the shaved Parmesan and chopped basil and oregano on top and serve.