I grew up eating seafood often, which is funny because I grew up in the geographical centre of Canada, pretty much the furthest point in Canada away from any ocean. My husband is from the west coast and grew up on freshly caught salmon and crab, so we like to integrate sustainable or ocean-friendly seafood into our diets as much as possible simply because it’s a healthy source of lean protein (check out the Marine Stewardship Council and Ocean Wise for more information on sustainable seafood).
These shrimp skewers are so quick to prepare and they are so juicy and flavourful. You’ll definitely want to add these to your menu if you’re a shrimp lover like me! In the winter time, we grill these Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers indoors but in the summer time we cook them up on the outdoor grill! They’re delicious either way and I just know you’ll love them as much as we do! Serve these shrimp skewers alongside a baked potato and some steamed vegetables, or over a homemade Caesar salad using my healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing recipe and you’ve got yourself a healthy, flavourful meal!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy shrimp?
Looking for more healthy recipes? Before you grab the recipe for these Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers below, check out these delicious recipes!!
This Best Ever Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is the BEST honey garlic chicken you’ll ever have!!
This Easy Sticky Asian Chicken is a super easy weeknight stir-fry recipe!
This Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken is SO easy to make and deliciously sweet!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- About 1 pound of large shrimp (approximately 16-20)
- The zest and juice of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed or very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- 4-5 wooden skewers
- 1-2 cups water
- Pour the water into a shallow baking dish and add the skewers to it. Let them soak in the water as you're preparing the shrimp and the marinade.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, white wine, parsley, and salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk the ingredients together.
Rinse the shrimp and remove the shells (if you wish), leaving the tails on.
- Remove the wooden skewers from the water and discard the water.
- Add 4 shrimp to each skewer, making sure the skewer pierces each shrimp in two places (this will prevent them from falling off the skewers as they're grilling).
- Lay them in a shallow baking dish.
- Give the marinade one last whisk to combine all the ingredients and pour it over the shrimp skewers, making sure each one is nicely coated.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or a lid and put it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. This will allow the shrimp to really soak up all the flavours in the marinade (especially the garlic!).
Once 20-30 minutes have passed, remove the shrimp from the fridge and heat up your indoor or outdoor grill.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and discard the leftover marinade.
Grill the shrimp skewers on low heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the flesh of the shrimp turns pink and becomes opaque.
- Once they're done (and be careful not to overcook!), remove them to a platter.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley (if you wish), and serve!