This Cajun Shrimp recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your favourite seafood! It’s so spicy and flavourful, and it’s easy to make in just one pan!
Are you a seafood lover? We sure are! We try to include shrimp, salmon or some other fish in our diet at least once each week because seafood is such a healthy choice. This Cajun Shrimp is a staple in our house for so many reasons – it makes the perfect main dish on a weeknight (serve it over rice with some steamed veggies or a salad!), and it’s also great to throw over a salad for a quick lunch or into a wrap for lunch on the go.
We absolutely love making this Cajun Shrimp in our tried and true Cast Iron Pan (affiliate link)! It sears the shrimp just perfectly and has such even heat distribution – it creates the most gorgeous caramelization and intensifies the flavour. And it’s easy on the budget too, which any family would love. It’s one of our most loved kitchen tools!!
You will need these items in addition to the pan mentioned above (affiliate links):
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
You will need these ingredients to make this cajun shrimp recipe:
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- cajun seasoning blend, either store bought or homemade*
*You can make your own in about 5 minutes with our Easy Homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend recipe! Make it spicy or mild, to your family’s tastes.
Time needed: 15 minutes
Follow these simple tips to make this cajun shrimp recipe in a matter of minutes!
- Pat Dry.
Pat the shrimp dry and add it to a bowl.
Season the shrimp with some cajun spice blend.
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet
Add the shrimp to a hot pan with a tiny bit of oil so they don’t stick. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Once cooked through, remove and place on a platter to serve.
How do I store the cajun shrimp?
Store the shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days after cooking to use for meal prep lunch and dinners.
What can I serve with the shrimp?
Serve the shrimp hot over rice, potatoes, or in a salad or in a wrap.
We hope you enjoy this Cajun Shrimp recipe as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy seafood at home? We’d love to know!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how we make this recipe. You can find many more deliciously simple recipe videos on our YouTube channel!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 24-36 shrimp tails and shells removed
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning blend homemade or store-bought (recipe link in instructions)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Prepare your shrimp by rinsing them (if necessary) and removing any tails and shells. If using frozen shrimp, thaw completely before using.
- Heat a large cast iron or other non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Pat the shrimp dry with some kitchen paper and add the shrimp to a bowl.
- Add the Cajun seasoning (make your own in just a few minutes using THIS RECIPE). Toss well to coat.
- Add the shrimp to the hot pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate or bowl and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve hot over rice, potatoes, or a salad, or in a wrap.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.