This Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken is the perfect easy chicken recipe, stuffed with tomatoes, fresh basil, pesto, and gooey mozzarella cheese, topped with a balsamic glaze!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Monday, friends! I’ve got a great lineup of recipes for you this week, starting with this absolutely delicious Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken with an easy balsamic glaze. It’s one of my favourite ways to prepare chicken lately and my family absolutely loves it too! It’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and a good old cast iron skillet – check out the one I use HERE if you’re in the market for a good one that’s not too expensive! (affiliate link) – and it goes great with any roasted veggies, potatoes, salads or whatever else your family likes. It’s truly the perfect main dish!
Do you ever feel like you’re in a chicken rut? I sure do. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve stared at boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thought “What on earth am I going to do with these??”
For those of you who can identify with my chicken dilemma, here are MY favourite ways to try something new with chicken:
- Stuff it! – The possibilities are truly endless – fresh herbs, chopped bell peppers, corn, broccoli. Oh, and don’t forget the cheese!
- Bread it! – A simple breading of flour and some breadcrumbs with a few dried herbs and seasoning salt can go a LONG way in the flavour department. Check out my Crispy Oven Fried Chicken for some ideas!
- Pour some sauce on it! – I love making super easy sauces to pour over plain grilled or pan-fried chicken breasts. Try my White Wine and Mushroom sauce – it’s SO easy and totally delicious!
- Make a stir fry! – The easiest way I know of to keep boneless skinless chicken breasts interesting is in any kind of stir fry. Try my favourite Easy Healthier Crispy Orange Chicken or this One Pan Kung Pao Chicken to see what I mean!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy chicken? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious chicken recipes? You’ll LOVE these ones I’ve linked below!
- Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken
- White Wine and Herb Marinated Chicken
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- 3 tablespoons pesto (your favourite variety from the supermarket)
- 9 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices fresh ripe tomato
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- extra chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the butterfilied chicken breasts out on a large work surface (I like to cover my work surface with parchment paper or plastic wrap during this process).
- Spread the pesto onto the entire inside surface of the chicken breasts (1 tablespoon per breast).
- Add the sliced mozarella cheese and tomato slices to one side of each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken breasts to close them, securing the edges with toothpicks.
- Salt and pepper each of the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the skillet and place the chicken breasts in the skillet, browning them on both sides for about 5 minutes per side, or until a nice golden brown crust develops.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top of each of the chicken breasts and place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until cooked through completely.
- Rest for 5 minutes in the hot pan before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.