This Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken is the perfect Asian-inspired weeknight meal that’s better than take-out and a healthy choice for the whole family! Make it in 15 minutes or less!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but I don’t live ANYWHERE close to a take-out restaurant. There’s no pizza delivery where we live and it’s a 45 minute drive to the nearest fast food restaurant. We’ve never really been take-out or fast food people, but every now and then there are those nights where I just really don’t feel like cooking and I wish take-out was even an option. Thankfully, I have recipes like this Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken to save the day and make dinner a snap when I just don’t feel like cooking.
Seriously, this Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken is almost as easy as getting in the car and picking up your favourite Asian take-out for dinner – just a couple ingredients and about 15 minutes stand between you and this Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken and if you ask me, that’s pretty good! Just whip up some rice (or even use instant rice if that’s more your style) and throw some frozen veggies on to steam and you’ve got an amazing, healthy meal that your whole family will love. And according to our family, it tastes WAY better than take-out anyway!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
So save yourself some time, money and calories, and give this Easy Healthier Sesame Orange Chicken a try!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy Healthy Sesame Orange Chicken as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite take-out recipe to make at home? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for even more easy meal ideas? Here are some:
- Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice
- One Pot Kung Pao Chicken Pasta
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls
- Easy Baked Salsa Chicken and Rice
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this quick weeknight meal. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 1 inch by 1 inch)
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (substitute 1 tablespoon cornstarch for gluten-free option)
- a pinch each of sea salt and pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds and/or thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Add the chicken breast cubes to a medium bowl along with the cornstarch and flour (and salt and pepper, if using). Stir to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and while it's heating whisk together the orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and cornstarch until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the skillet has heated, add the oils and then the chicken coated in the cornstarch and flour.
- Brown the chicken in the skillet until each side is crispy and golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken in the hot skillet and toss the chicken in the sauce until it thickens.
- Serve over rice with a side of steamed veggies.
- Garnish with sliced green onions or sesame seeds (if desired).
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.