Grapefruit and Arugula Salad with Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette is a healthy salad, bursting with bright, fresh flavours! This arugula salad recipe makes the perfect light lunch or side dish!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Is there anything as satisfying as a delicious salad? I love thinking outside the box when it comes to fruits and vegetables lately and salads are one dish where it’s easy to find yourself in a rut, making the same garden-style salad over and over again. So when some delicious grapefruit made their way home with me from the grocery store this week (one of my kids must have put them in the cart because I do NOT remember buying them!) I knew that a Grapefruit and Arugula Salad recipe would be their destiny!
The tang of the grapefruit, the light freshness of the cucumber and the slight bitter flavour of the arugula all comes together with the sweet and light-tasting Honey Lemon Vinaigrette. Seriously, this dressing is superb! It’s one of those throw-it-all-in-a-mason-jar-and-shake salad dressings and it is definitely the star of this show, creating the perfect flavour balance and a beautiful sweetness. Top everything with some fresh walnuts for some added texture and nuttiness and this may just be the best salad you’ll ever try! And also maybe the prettiest!
Like this healthy salad recipe? Try my Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Orange Vinaigrette, or this super healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad!
Arugula Salad Recipe – lunch or dinner-worthy
Grapefruit and Arugula Salad with Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large grapefruits sectioned and pith removed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 english cucumber thinly sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard or a vegan substitute
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the honey, Dijon, sea salt, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil to a mason jar. Shake well until all the ingredients are combined and the dressing is smooth.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl, along with the sectioned grapefruit, and the thinly sliced cucumber.
- Pour as much of the dressing over the salad as you prefer (I rarely use all the dressing) and toss.
- Top with the chopped walnuts and serve!
This Grapefruit and Arugula Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette is only 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving, making it a delicious light dish to enjoy anytime! And it’s packed with healthy, nutritious ingredients that will keep you satisfied!!
I hope you enjoyed this arugula salad recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to “think outside the box” when it comes to salad?
Like this recipe? You’ll love my Easy Greek Salad in 5 Minutes or Less, or this Brussels Sprouts Salad with Low Fat Creamy Bacon Dressing!