This One Pot Taco Spaghetti is an easy family meal packed with Tex-Mex flavours, made in one pot in under 40 minutes! A quick and easy comfort food dinner!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but in our family a delicious one-pot pasta dish is ALWAYS a good choice for a quick weeknight dinner! This One Pot Taco Spaghetti is a super easy meal that brings together the ease of a one-pot pasta with everybody’s favourite classic Tex-Mex flavours!
How to save money on groceries
We love choosing a more inexpensive meat, like ground beef, and combining it with an even more inexpensive protein option like beans to create a protein-packed dinner that stretches the grocery budget. This One Pot Taco Spaghetti calls for both canned black beans and lean ground beef – use only half a pound of ground beef in this recipe and save the other half-pound in the freezer to use in another recipe. To save even more money, buy your lean ground beef in bulk and freeze it in 1/2-pound or 1-pound portions for use in all your favourite one-pan meals throughout the month!
As always, this One Pot Taco Spaghetti can be made to your family’s tastes – looking for a meat-free meal? Double the beans and leave out the ground beef! Add some corn, or serve with some sliced avocado on top. Add some spicy taco sauce if you’re looking to spice it up, or use mild taco seasoning if you prefer mild over spicy.
Ingredients for One Pot Taco Spaghetti
- ground beef
- canned black beans
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- taco seasoning
- canned diced tomatoes
- spaghetti noodles
- chicken stock (or beef stock)
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- pickled jalapeños (optional)
How to Make One Pot Taco Spaghetti
- Brown the meat. Cook your ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Saute the veggies and beans. Add the onion and peppers, along with the beans, and cook to soften the veggies.
- Add the seasoning. Choose spicy taco seasoning or mild, depending on your family’s tastes.
- Add the pasta and liquid. The pasta cooks right in the pan so toss it in along with the canned tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Cover and cook. Let the stovetop do the work!
- Serve! Toss in some fresh chopped tomatoes, jalapeños, chopped cilantro, and serve with sour cream and cheese.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this easy one pot meal as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy meal? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Other weeknight meal ideas
Looking for other easy weeknight meal recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Skillet French Onion Stuffed Chicken
- Skillet Pesto Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts with White Wine Mushroom Sauce
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this delicious and easy recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
One Pot Taco Spaghetti
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (use one pound if you prefer)
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 15 ounce canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or use one packet)
- 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or use beef stock
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped fresh or pickled jalapenos, and fresh cilantro
- Heat a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef, breaking it up as it browns.
- Once the beef has browned add the diced onions and bell peppers, and the beans, along with the taco seasoning. Stir everything together and saute just until the the onion and bell pepper are soft.
- Remove the meat mixture from the pan to a plate.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pan and use the liquid to scrape all the caramelized bits off the bottom of the pan left from the meat and the veggies.
- Add the spaghetti noodles and the chicken stock and stir to combine. Add the lid to the pan and cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring a few times, until the pasta has absorbed the liquid and is cooked to al dente.
- Once the pasta has cooked through, toss well and add the meat mixture back into the pan.
- Toss everything together again and add the chopped tomatoes on top.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeños, and chopped cilantro.