This Easy Sticky Asian Chicken is a delicious and easy Chinese take-out style meal you can make at home with only a few simple ingredients! It’s a super simple Asian-inspired main dish that tastes great over rice, and it’s ready to eat in 20 minutes!
Looking for more easy Asian-inspired recipes? Try this Honey Garlic and Lime Chicken!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s just something about simple Asian take-out that gets me every time. Of course I don’t eat fast food much because it’s pretty much the worst thing on the planet for you, health-wise, but I love making healthier versions of my favourite Asian dishes at home. Lately I’ve been enjoying a YouTube series from one of my favourite food bloggers of all time, Joanne from Fifteen Spatulas. She shares all her favourite Chinese-inspired take-out dishes that can easily be made at home, and let me tell you – I’ve tried a few of her recipes…they were amazing (especially the Kung Pao Chicken. It’s SO good!)! And they reminded me of this Easy Sticky Asian Chicken recipe I’ve had on the back burner for a few months now. I keep meaning to share it with you, and I’m so glad I’m finally getting around to it today!
Being a work-at-home mom of two who’s also a bit of a foodie (okay, a total foodie) my favourite recipes are ones that are quick and easy, made with good quality whole foods, and have a great flavour payoff. This Easy Sticky Asian chicken is all of those things! It makes a super easy weeknight meal, and all you really need are a couple fresh chicken breasts and a few pantry staples to make this delicious dish.
I often serve this delicious Asian-inspired chicken over some brown rice cooked in chicken broth and a splash of soy sauce, and I also love serving it with some simple steamed veggies like carrots, snow peas, or broccoli. It’s made with healthy ingredients so it’s something I can feel good about serving to my family, and probably my favourite thing about it is that you can make it in one pan. Because after all, who likes washing dishes anyway?
This recipe is inspired by one of my favourite Jamie Oliver recipes called Sticky Kicking Chicken from his 15-Minute Meals Cookbook (affiliate link). I’ve switched up a few of the flavours and toned down the spiciness because, well, I have preschoolers who wouldn’t eat it otherwise! In all seriousness though, I love my version so much more because the warm, spicy flavours really stand out without being overpowered by the heat. I know you’re going to love it too!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite Asian-inspired take-out style dish to make at home?
Looking for more easy main dishes? Try some of these favourites!
This One-Pot Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Pasta is the easiest meal ever, and it’s a total crowd-pleaser!
This Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken is another Asian-inspired family favourite that tastes great right off the grill!
This delicious Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken is SO juicy and delicious! And it’s easy to make too!
Easy Sticky Asian Chicken
This Easy Sticky Asian Chicken is the perfect way to make your favourite Asian take-out dish at home!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 5 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into strips
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- sliced green onions for garnish optional
- Add the soy sauce, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, sweet red chili sauce, and 3 tablespoons of honey to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season the chicken breast strips with sea salt and add them to the soy sauce mixture, tossing to coat the chicken breast strips completely.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is heated add the canola oil and sesame oil.
- Add the chicken strips and sauce to the skillet and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side until they're cooked through completely and the sauce has reduced.
- Brush the chicken pieces with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and remove them from the skillet to a bowl or platter. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and sliced green onions and serve on a bed of rice!