These Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins are the perfect sweet snack! This is such an easy recipe that’s packed with fresh blueberries and a sweet, crunchy streusel topping!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, you know how much I LOVE making muffins – they’re my favourite thing to bake by far and I’ve got another one of my standby muffin recipes for you today: these Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins!! I love making muffins with fresh fruit and these fresh blueberries were the perfect addition to these muffins!
Looking for even MORE muffin recipes? Try my most popular recipe ever, these Best Ever Banana Muffins!
I’ve shared SO many of my favourite muffin recipes with you already like these Best Ever Banana Muffins, these Apple Carrot Ginger Muffins, and these Peach Cobbler Muffins. I’ve been making these Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins for years now, and it’s about time I shared them with you, isn’t it!?
And don’t you love this gorgeous bowl I’ve used to display these equally gorgeous muffins?? My friend Emily over at Bufnita Ceramica (“Owl Ceramics”, in English) made it for me and I’m in love with it!!
How to measure ingredients when making muffins:
- Use liquid measuring cups for wet ingredients like oil, water, milk, etc. 1 cup of milk measured with a dry measuring cup actually yields more than 1 cup of liquid (closer to 1 1/8 cup, in some cases). This can throw off a recipe and give you a tough or extra-crumbly muffin.
- Use dry measuring cups for dry ingredients like flour, sugar, etc. 1 cup of flour measured with a liquid measuring cup actually yields less than 1 cup of flour, which can turn your muffins into hockey pucks!
- Measuring liquid ingredients into a liquid measuring cup is easy – just pour until the liquid reaches the appropriate measurement and you’re good to go!
- Measuring dry ingredients that pack, like flour or brown sugar, is more complicated. Scooping your 1 cup measuring cup into a container of flour that’s settled is sure to pack more than a cup’s worth into that measuring cup. The best way to go is to fluff the flour so it rests naturally in the container and then spoon it into the measuring cup until overflowing. Then simply level off the flour with a flat kitchen tool (the back of a butter knife works well!) and you’ll have the appropriate amount!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite muffin recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious muffin recipes? Here are all my favourites!
Best Ever Blueberry Streusel Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest to a large bowl and whisk together to combine. Add the blueberries and toss well to coat.
- Measure the milk and vegetable oil into a large measuring cup, adding the eggs and whisking until all the wet ingredients are combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Combine all the ingredients of the streusel topping and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups and top each with the streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until the streusel topping is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.