NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:It seems that the older my kids get the more I love summer. When I was young, summer was always the highlight of my year and there never seemed to be enough time to cram in all the awesome warm-weather activities I wanted to do in two short months. Of course I live on the Canadian prairies, so our summer is pretty short, but ever since our kids were born, I’ve kinda lost my love for summer. When you have little babies or even barely-walking toddlers it can be really hard to enjoy the outdoors. My last 3 summers have been spent frantically trying to keep my little ones from eating sand, or bugs, or twigs, (or anything else they find on the ground) or worrying about them getting sunburn or heatstroke. But since the weather has turned warm this year, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed getting outside with the kids! The Recipe Rebel and her kids at the playground this week and it was such a great time! And the best part? I realized how relatively low-maintenance my kids are while playing outside now!! Nobody ate sand, nobody climbed anything they weren’t supposed to, nobody cried, and there was only one time I had to chase my 2-year-old down, which is a miracle in itself! And if you know my 2-year-old, you’ll definitely agree! Mango Coconut Sorbet or this Blackberry Mint Frozen Yogurt!
Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles RecipeEven though these Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles are pretty sweet and decadent, I’d much rather my kids enjoy these homemade treats once in awhile than conventional ones, full of all kinds of artificial ingredients. And all you need to make the cheesecake popsicles are a few standard ingredients, an electric stand mixer and a popsicle mold! Trust me, if you’re a cheesecake fan these Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles will make your summer!!
LOOKING FOR MORE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE TIPS AND TRICKS?
Get my No Fail Guide to Easy No Bake Cheesecakes!
Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt, Honey and Walnuts, or these amazing Strawberry Swirl Cupcakes! And don’t forget to check out all the other #FoodieMamas cherry-inspired recipes linked below!
Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles
Fresh cherries are the star of these cheesecake flavored popsicles. They're easy to make, using just 4 simple ingredients.Print Pin Rate
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cherries thawed
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) whip the cream cheese until it's creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until it's completely combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Add in the whole milk slowly, continuing to beat the mixture until it's smooth and very liquidy.
- Add the thawed cherries to a separate bowl and mash them well until the mixture is liquidy with some cherry chunks remaining. I like making these popsicles with chunks of cherries and for this result, mashing is the way to go. If you'd prefer a smooth texture throughout the popsicles, feel free to puree the cherries.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture and the cherry mixture into a 10-popsicle mold and put them in the freezer until they're completely frozen (overnight is best).
- Remove from the molds once they're completely frozen and enjoy immediately!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 168IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg