This Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect easy-to-make cheesecake dessert that’s creamy and delicious and packed with real chocolate!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you’ve been a reader of The Busy Baker for awhile you’ll know that I love sharing my favourite no bake cheesecake recipes with you. No bake cheesecakes are an easy, no-fuss way to enjoy your favourite dessert and know it will turn out perfectly every time you make it! No water bath, no baking, no cracking, and no stress! This Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is one of my favourite cheesecake recipes on the planet, and I know it will be yours too!
I’ve shared SO many of my favourite Easy No Bake Cheesecake recipes with you already, like this Mint Chocolate Chip No Bake Cheesecake, this Strawberry Swirl No Bake Cheesecake, and this Easy No Bake Mini Eggs Cheesecake. This Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesercake uses a very similar no-fail no-bake cheesecake method, and today I’m sharing some of my favourite tips for taking your own no bake cheesecakes to the next level!!
Looking for even more delicious no bake desserts? Try this Easy No Bake Funfetti Cheesecake, or this Easy No Bake Oreo Cheesecake!
Tips for the best no bake cheesecake:
- Use full fat cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese has a high water content and liquifies much more easily at room temperature than regular full fat cream cheese does. Using full fat cream cheese will help your no bake cheesecake stay firm and help it slice cleanly for serving.
- Use whipped cream or whipped topping whipped to stiff peaks. Under-whipped cream can be too liquid-y and therefore prevent the cheesecake from setting.
- Use melted chocolate. Melted white, dark or even milk chocolate hardens when it cools which helps give structure to a no-bake cheesecake, helping it firm up for slicing. Let the melted chocolate cool a bit before adding it to the batter!
- Set the cheesecake in the fridge first, and then the freezer for best results. My no bake cheesecakes always turn out best when the chill for 6-8 hours in the fridge and then spend 3-4 hours in the freezer to firm up for those gorgeous, clean slices.
- Don’t add too many extra ingredients. Too many chunks of chocolate, fruit, or sprinkles, or any other add-ins can prevent the cheesecake from setting properly and make it more difficult to slice cleanly. Be sure to use only what the recipe calls for, or none at all!
Like this recipe? You will LOVE these Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles or these Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Cups!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy no bake dessert? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more easy no bake desserts? You’ll LOVE these:
Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
This Best Ever No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect easy-to-make cheesecake dessert that's creamy and delicious and packed with real chocolate!
- 1 1/2 cup Oreo baking crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1000 grams full fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted to remove lumps
- 400 grams semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled, approximately 15 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream (or whipped topping, ex: cool whip or dream whip)
- shaved chocolate, berries, and whipped cream or whipped topping for garnish
Combine the Oreo baking crumbs and melted butter until moistened and crumbly.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate to set.
Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl, mixing with a hand mixer on medium speed (or in your stand mixer) until smooth.
Add the melted semi sweet chocolate in a steady stream while the mixer is running on low speed, until completely incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to be sure everything is incorporated.
Fold in the whipped cream or whipped topping by hand until the mixture is fluffy and creamy and there are no streaks of white in the batter.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the refrigerated crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
Refrigerate to set for 6 hours or overnight, or set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and then in the freezer for 2-3 hours before serving.
Slice and serve with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and fresh berries, if desired.
Be sure to use room temperature cream cheese. If you use cream cheese straight from the fridge, the chocolate will solidify as you add it to the cream cheese mixture and create small chocolate chunks in the batter which will make it lumpy.
Note: 1 1/2 cup whipped cream is the equivalent of 3/4 heavy whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks.