This Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu Icebox Cake is the perfect easy no bake dessert for coffee and chocolate lovers! Made with simple, basic ingredients and bursting with deep chocolate and coffee flavours, this is a no bake dessert that’s a definite crowd pleaser – and no raw eggs!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you guys, but the first time I ever tried Tiramisu I was blown away. I don’t have an ounce of Italian in my heritage but I could eat Italian food for days and days and never get tired of it, and of course I’d happily end each and every meal with a slice of Tiramisu! Especially this Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu Icebox cake!!
If you know me at all (and if you’ve been a reader of mine for awhile, you should!) then you know I like bending the rules when it comes to recipes to make them work better for me and my family. And I have this “thing” about raw eggs – as much as traditional Tiramisu just can’t be beat in the taste department, I’ll say no thanks to the risk of Salmonella poisoning (I have had it at least once. Let me tell you, it’s no joke!). My method of making Tiramisu with no raw eggs is just as delicious as traditional Tiramisu, and it’s even easier to make.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DESSERTS? YOU’LL LOVE THIS BLACK FOREST ICEBOX CAKE OR THIS SUPER EASY NO BAKE VANILLA CHEESECAKE!!
This Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu Icebox Cake is a super simple chocolate version of my favourite easy tiramisu recipe and it is SO deliciously chocolatey with a nice coffee flavour. If you like chocolate and coffee even a little bit, this is definitely the dessert for you!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite no bake dessert of all time? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more no-bake desserts? Check out these other delicious recipes!
- Easy No Bake Tiramisu Icebox Cake
- No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake
- No Bake Pumpkin Spice Latte Tiramisu
- Easy No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Icebox Cake
- No Bake Monster Cookie Icebox Cake
- No Bake Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- No Bake Pumpkin Gingerbread Icebox Cake
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 400 ml heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 750 grams mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted well to remove any lumps
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted well to remove any lumps
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality instant coffee, sifted well to remove chunks or lumps
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30-36 ladyfinger cookies
- 3-4 cups strong coffee of your choice, cooled to room temperature
- a splash of rum OR a few drops of rum extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- some shaved dark chocolate for garnish
- Whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- In a large bowl whip together the Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and vanilla extract until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture gently just until combined.
- Add the rum or rum extract to the cooled coffee and dip the ladyfinger cookies into the coffee mixture one by one, creating a layer of coffee-soaked cookies on the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch glass or pyrex baking dish.
- Add half the Mascarpone mixture over the layer of coffee-soaked cookies, smoothing out the top as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle half of the cocoa powder over the Mascarpone mixture and repeat with another layer of coffee-soaked cookies and then the remainder of the Mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Dust with the remainder of the cocoa powder just before serving and add some shaved dark chocolate for presentation.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.