This Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is an easy to make, summer dessert perfection: a no bake dessert with a sweet orange flavour, inspired by a delicious summer treat!
Raise your hand if you’re a citrus lover like us!! We just LOVE cooking and baking with just about anything citrus, especially in the summertime. This Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake got its name because it reminds us of those deliciously orange-y and creamy ice cream treats we used to enjoy as a child (anyone else??). It’s got an ultra creamy, smooth texture that’s almost similar to a baked cheesecake (minus all the work!) and it’s perfectly sweet and tangy with a strong orange flavour. It’s truly one of the most perfect desserts for the summertime!
If you’ve been a reader of ours for a while now you will have noticed that we have shared lots of our favourite no bake cheesecake recipes with you – our Kiwi Lime No Bake Cheesecake, our Simple No Bake Cheesecake, our Easy No Bake Nutella Cheesecake and this Easy No Bake Snickers Cheesecake. They were all BIG hits with you, our lovely readers, and since it’s clear that you all love no bake cheesecake as much as we do we couldn’t help but keep sharing them!
You will need these items on hand to make this orange cheesecake (affiliate links):
EASY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPES & TIPS
Get my easy no bake cheesecakes e-cookbook!
You will need these ingredients on hand to make this recipe:
- graham cracker crumbs
- orange jello
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- boiling water
- Chocolate Orange- change the crust to a chocolate crust and/or add melted dark chocolate and orange zest into the mixture.
- Raspberry Orange- lightly stir a raspberry puree to the filling.
- White Chocolate Orange – add melted white chocolate and orange zest to the filling, can also save some melted white chocolate for the garnish.
- Toasted Coconut Orange- mix shredded toasted coconut into the graham cracker crust and put some aside for the garnish.
Time needed: 15 minutes
Follow these steps to make this orange cheesecake!
- Make the crust.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter in a bowl and then press into the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan.
- Chill the crust.
Place the crust in the freezer until ready to use.
- Mix the jello.
Pour the orange jello powder into the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whip together.
Whip the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until combined.
Pour the jello mixture into the cream cheese mixture slowly, mixing continuously until it is incorporated.
Gently fold in the orange zest and the whipped cream to the mixture until it is combined. Pour into the chilled crust.
- Chill and serve.
Chill the cheesecake overnight to set and serve the cheesecake with additional whipped cream on top.
What size of jello is needed for this recipe?
A small box, 4 servings or 85g.
Can whip cream from an aerosol can be used?
Yes, an aerosol can of whip cream can be used.
How long does this orange creamsicle cheesecake take to set?
This cheesecake sets best overnight but depending on the temperature in the fridge it may set in as little as 6-8 hours.
Can it be made ahead of time and frozen?
Yes, you can freeze the cheesecake and it will keep for a few days there. Make sure to defrost it slowly in the fridge before serving.
Does cool whip work as a whip cream substitute?
Cool whip does work but you might want to reduce the sugar slightly as cool whip is sweet. The cake will set nicely either way.
Is the measurement for whipped cream before or after it is whipped?
The measurement is the volume of cream already whipped.
We hope you enjoy this Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake! Let us know in the comments below what YOUR favourite no-bake dessert is!
EASY AND DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
Get my no-fail summer dessert recipes e-cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how we make this recipe. You can find many more deliciously simple recipe videos on our YouTube channel!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
For the cheesecake:
- orange zest
- whipped cream
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Chill the crust in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add the orange Jello powder to the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add the Jello mixture to the cream cheese mixture slowly, mixing continuously until everything is incorporated.
- Gently fold in the orange zest and the whipped cream with a rubber spatula until combined and pour the mixture into the chilled graham cracker crust.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight to set and serve with some additional whipped cream and citrus zest for garnish.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.