This Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake is perfect for all your holiday brunches! Made with fresh orange, cranberries and a delicious spiced crumble topping!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Friday friends! I’m so excited to be sharing this Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake with you today – it’s one of my favourite recipes to make for the holidays because it’s got all those traditional holiday flavours: cinnamon and spice, tart cranberries, and sweet orange. Every time I make this Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake my kitchen (and my whole house, actually) smells AMAZING! Give me a cup of Healthier Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate and a slice of this Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake and I’m in holiday heaven. It’s the perfect recipe to make for a holiday brunch (because who doesn’t love cake for breakfast, am I right??!) or for those holiday visitors stopping by for a cup of coffee or tea.
Coffee Cake Recipe for Holiday Brunch
Which brings me to the question, does your family do cake for breakfast during the holidays? I remember growing up always having my aunt’s version of this coffee cake for our Christmas morning breakfast, along with the best savoury breakfast casserole, fresh juice, and fruit salad. But what’s your stance on cake for breakfast during the holidays? I’d love to know what your family does!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this cake as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite dessert/brunch recipe for the holidays? I’d love to know!
Looking for more delicious recipes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Rhubarb Streusel Cake
- Apple Crumble Muffins
- Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
- Double Chocolate S’Mores Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe holiday dessert. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup low fat Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- zest of one orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon swirl:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
For the streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the ricotta, sugar, eggs, orange juice and zest, vanilla, and melted butter with a wire whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Prepare a 9-inch spring form pan, greasing it well.
- Spoon half the batter into the bottom of the pan (the batter will be very thick).
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the amount of batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the second half of the batter over the cinnamon sugar layer and smooth out the top as much as possible.
- Add the cranberries to the top of the batter in an even layer.
- Combine the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl until the mixture reaches the texture of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the top of the cranberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before releasing the spring form pan and slicing to serve.