These Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies are sweet and chewy and bursting with melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows, just like everybody’s favorite campfire treat! Watch the video below to see how I make them, and don’t forget to stay tuned to the end of this post for the FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Looking for more sweet treats like this one? Click here for all my favorite dessert recipes, all in one place!
*I originally posted this recipe in March 2016. I’m re-sharing it today with a few updates and a brand new video tutorial to make them even easier for you to make at home!
Being a food blogger means I spend a lot of time in my kitchen trying out new recipes and being creative. Of course, what I share with you here on the blog are the recipes that work…and most of the time they’re recipes that I’ve tested over and over and over again. Unfortunately, recipe testing isn’t always very glamorous and sometimes it even ends in disaster. But not today, folks! Not today!
I can’t even remember why I thought it would be a good idea to turn my old standby chocolate cookie recipe into these delicious Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies, but I’m so glad I did!! I’m not going to lie, when I pulled these bad boys out of the oven I felt like a culinary genius. The from-scratch chocolate cookies are the perfect soft and chewy texture, and they’re made even better when they’re stuffed with melting chocolate and gooey toasted marshmallows, and topped with crunchy graham cracker crumbs. Seriously people, what is not to LOVE??!!
Like this recipe? Try these Peanut Butter M&M Monster Cookies or one of my most popular recipes ever, these Better than Starbucks Ginger Molasses Cookies!
And even better, they’re a super easy-to-make drop cookie so if you can roast a marshmallow over a campfire and stick it between two graham crackers with a hunk of chocolate and call it a S’more, you can definitely make these Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies!!
Just look at that melted marshmallow filling…have you gotten up from your computer to preheat your oven yet? What are you waiting for?? (insert winking emoji here) These Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies are calling your name!!
Like the look of this recipe? You’ll love my Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies or these delectable Amaretti Cookies!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you like this Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies recipe as much as I do!! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite happy kitchen accident?
Before you grab the recipe for these Double Chocolate S’Mores Cookies, check out one of the recipes I’ve linked below!
These Best Ever Blueberry Crumb Bars are the best fruit bars I’ve ever tasted with a deliciously tender shortbread crumble!
My Grandma’s Fudge Brownies go back 3 generations – this recipe is amazing and it’s stood the test of time!
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are perfect for school lunches or picnics! And they couldn’t be easier to make!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Double Chocolate S'mores Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus 2-3 mini marshmallows per cookie (for topping)
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and move your oven rack up one level above the middle of the oven.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using your stand mixer or a hand-held mixer on high speed. Beat in the egg, the vanilla extract and the milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, the flour, the baking soda and the salt and when it's combined add it to the butter mixture.
- Mix everything together until it's well combined and there are no streaks of flour remaining.
Mix the chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows into the dough by hand using a wooden spoon or spatula and drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheets by the tablespoonful.
- Press 2-3 mini marshmallows into the top of each mound of dough and sprinkle on a little bit of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake one tray at a time at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies lose their shine and the marshmallows appear toasted on top. Don't forget to move your oven rack up one position for baking...this will give the marshmallows on top of the cookies that beautiful toasted appearance. But watch them carefully! Just like when you're roasting marshmallows over the campfire, you don't want them to burn!
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for 5-10 minutes after you remove them from the oven just so they cool enough to stay together.
- Move them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy them warm off the pan for that perfect, ooey gooey campfire s'mores experience whenever you please!!