No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are chocolaty with a smooth peanut butter flavour…they’re just the best no bake treat! Perfect for last-minute company or busy days, the no bake peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe takes almost no time to make, then you can throw them in the fridge and forget about them until you’re ready to dig in. They’re made with simple ingredients that are always on hand, and they’re a great gluten-free treat! This easy peanut butter bars recipe has been in my family for years!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Peanut Butter Bars with Oatmeal Recipe Makeover
You guys, I have to say I am just loving my “job” these days. And yes, I use that term loosely, because it’s hard to believe this food blogging has actually become a job for me. And that’s thanks to all of you, my loyal readers! One of my favourite things to do lately is update and re-photograph some of my older posts whose photos have seen better days and today these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are getting a makeover!
Seriously you guys, these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are one of the easiest recipes ever to make. They’re made from an old family recipe and they’re one of the treats I remember my mom making over and over again during my childhood. Since I’ve had my own kitchen, I’ve probably made these a thousand times and they have never, ever failed me.
This recipe makes 9 large squares and while they’re not a super healthy choice, they are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free as well. Each square also packs in about 3 grams of protein and about 3 grams of fibre, which is more than you can say about most desserts! I know you will love these chocolate peanut butter bars with oatmeal as much as our family does!!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe Notes
There are two ways to make the no bake peanut butter bars recipe, and it’s really up to you which way you do it. I’ve described the stove-top method below, but if you’re more into using your microwave then instead of combining the items on a stove top, feel free to microwave the butter, brown sugar, milk and peanut butter for 2 minutes. I’ve demonstrated this in a video which you can find on my YouTube channel (and while you’re at it, SUBSCRIBE for more awesome videos and tutorials!)
Want to see more of my tried and true family recipes? Try my Grandma’s Easy Fudge Brownies or this Banana Layer Cake with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp dutch processed cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp all-natural smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups gluten-free large flake oats
- Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square baking pan by greasing it lightly with butter or coconut oil.
Stove Top method:
- To a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter (or coconut oil), milk, brown sugar and salt. Allow the butter to melt over the heat and stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon as they heat up. You don't need to stir constantly, but be sure to stir often so the sugar doesn't burn.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, remove it from the heat. Add the cocoa, the peanut butter (or almond butter), and vanilla.
- Stir or whisk these ingredients together until they're well blended and you're left with a thick, chocolaty mixture. Stir in the oats.
- Scrape the mixture into your prepared baking pan and pat it down with a rubber spatula or your fingers. It helps to grease the spatula (or your fingers) first so the mixture doesn't stick as you're packing it into the pan. Try to avoid eating the mixture by the spoonful as you do this...it will be very tempting!!
- Cover the baking pan with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or set in the freezer for up to an hour. I often refrigerate overnight because it really helps the bars to stay together when they're cut.
Once they’re cut, the no bake chocolate peanut butter bars will not last long, because they are addictive! Plus, they’re a delicious gluten-free treat that can be customized to your dietary preferences (vegan, dairy-free, almond butter instead of peanut butter, etc.). The possibilities are endless!!
I hope you enjoy the no bake chocolate peanut butter bars recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite no-bake treat?