This Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect healthy warm drink recipe for those cold winter days. It’s made with only 4 simple ingredients and it’s perfect for kids!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about where you live, but we had our first snowfall this week here in Romania! Of course, it disappeared in less than 24 hours which is par for the course here. Our snow won’t stick until at least December, maybe even January, but up on the mountains it’s a different story. It’s so lovely to look out the window at all the bright red, orange and yellow leaves across the valley with the snow-capped mountains in the background. And sipping on this Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate while I do just makes it all that much sweeter!
Since we live in the mountains, warm and comforting drinks are a staple in our house. We usually opt for herbal tea with honey, for the health benefits of course, but every now and then the kids and I want a special treat to enjoy after a brisk fall or winter walk and this Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a recipe I reach for over and over again. It’s SO easy to make, it heats up in the Crock Pot while we’re playing outside enjoying the cool weather, and it’s like a warm hug when we come inside to curl up on the couch and watch a movie, without all those preservatives and added sugars in conventional hot chocolate products.
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
Looking for more delicious hot drinks like this Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate to enjoy this winter? Try my Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Cider, or this amazing Homemade Earl Grey Tea Latte!
This hot chocolate is also great for parties and family get togethers – it makes enough for a crowd (depending on the size of your slow cooker, of course) and adding all kinds of different toppings keeps it interesting for your party guests. We love topping this Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and crushed candy canes, but feel free to drink it as it is, or topped with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and even M&Ms and chocolate sauce. The sky is the limit!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite warm drink for cold winter days? I’d love to know!
Looking for more holiday recipes like this? You’ll LOVE these:
- Gingerbread Cookie Cups with Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- Best Ever Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Holiday Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider
- Healthier Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker Chai Latte
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Recipe VideoWatch the video below to see exactly how I make this amazing hot drink. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2 liters low fat milk (use dairy-free milk if you wish)
- 1/2 cup honey (use 2/3 cup if you like extra sweetness) or other vegan substitute
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- whipped cream and peppermint candies for garnish (optional)
- Add the milk, honey, cocoa powder and peppermint extract to your slow cooker set to high heat.
- Whisk everything together until well combined and put the lid on.
- Let cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve in mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies or candy canes.