Easy Apple Berry Crisp
This Easy Apple Berry Fruit Crisp is the perfect easy dessert for beginning bakers! Just a few simple ingredients stand between you and this delicious, healthier dessert! Make it with fresh or frozen fruit, and gluten-free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 servings
For the filling
- 1 tablespoon butter (for greasing the pan) or other vegan substitute
- 3 large apples (Pink Lady, Honeycrisp or Spartan work well), cored and cut into chunks
- 3-4 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white sugar
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup large flake oats (or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (gluten-free oat flour also works)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with the butter.
Add the apple chunks, mixed berries, sugar and cornstarch to the baking dish and toss with a wooden spoon until well combined and the cornstarch and sugar are coating the fruit.
In a medium bowl, add the white and brown sugar, the oats, the flour, the cinnamon and the salt and stir well come combine.
Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
Pour the topping evenly over the fruit mixture in the baking pan.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the aluminum foil after 20 minutes and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit filling is bubbly.
Let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 378IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg