Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
These Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls make the perfect healthy weeknight meal that's ready in about 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups cooked rice (about 1 1/3 cups uncooked), or use minute or instant rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- a dash of sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne style (these can be purchased pre-cut in the produce section of your grocery store)
- chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes (optional) for serving
Prepare the rice according to package directions.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat at add the sesame oil.
Add the ground beef to the hot skillet and brown until almost cooked through (about 6-10 minutes).
Add the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and sriracha to the skillet and stir well until a small amount of sauce forms.
Add the carrots and cook for about 2 more minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
Serve the beef mixture over rice and garnish with chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a small sprinkling of red pepper flakes (garnishes optional).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 635mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5346IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg