Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
This Classic Creamy Italian Salad Dressing recipe is one for the books! It's packed with delicious herbs and makes the perfect creamy addition to any garden salad! And it's SO easy to make and healthy too!
Servings 8 servings
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural, high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few tablespoons of water (ONLY IF NEEDED to thin the dressing out a little bit)
Add all ingredients to a large mason jar and shake very well until combined. Store in the fridge for a few hours before serving, or serve immediately over your favourite garden salad.
Shake well before serving.
If the dressing is too thick, simply add water one teaspoon at a time to thin it out to the desired consistency.
This salad dressing keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days, so make it a day or two ahead of serving to save time!
If you prefer to make salad dressing without mayonnaise, simply substitute the mayonnaise in this recipe for 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and shake very well (or blend for best results).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 36IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg