Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
This Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad is the perfect quick and easy meal idea packed with savoury olives, artichokes, arugula, tomatoes, roasted peppers, mozzarella and parmesan!
Servings 8 people
For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 241 gram packages of Barilla Ready Penne Pasta (OR one 500g box of regular Barilla Penne Pasta)
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices prosciutto chopped
- 6-8 slices pepperoni chopped
- ¼ cup green olives pitted
- ¼ cup black or kalamata olives pitted
- ¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 4-6 pickled banana peppers optional
- 4-6 marinated artichoke hearts halved (optional)
- ¼ cup mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 tablespoons fresh shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons djon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar substitute one tablespoon vinegar for 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the dressing first by whisking together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Prepare the Barilla Ready Pasta according to the package directions. OR prepare regular Barilla Penne pasta according to the package directions until al dente, rinse in cold water and drain.
Add the pasta to a large bowl and stir to cool until just above room temperature.
Add the arugula, tomatoes, prosciutto, pepperoni, olives, roasted peppers, banana peppers, artichokes, and mozzarella to the bowl with the pasta.
Drizzle the dressing over everything and toss well to coat.
Add the shaved Parmesan and chopped basil and oregano on top and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg