Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This Healthier Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect kid-friendly warm drink recipe for those cold winter days - made with only 4 ingredients!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 liters low fat milk (use dairy-free milk if you wish)
- 1/2 cup honey (use 2/3 cup if you like extra sweetness) or other vegan substitute
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- whipped cream and peppermint candies for garnish (optional)
Add the milk, honey, cocoa powder and peppermint extract to your slow cooker set to high heat.
Whisk everything together until well combined and put the lid on.
Let cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
Serve in mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies or candy canes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 1mg